Thursday, May 18, 2017

9.354 Fueling Up

It is getting so hot out now... summer is here! I still don't have a beach body, but that'll probably never happen anyway because I love food and sweets too much to give it all up together haha.

Speaking of food, the Mister and I haven't been doing much on the weekends except for sometimes eating out at restaurants.
sometext
sometext
We like to visit familiar places like Swiss Chalet, Earl's, China Garden etc. But recently, we agreed that we would get out of our comfort zone and try new places from now on. Visiting old places won't be entirely off the map, but for the most part it is.

sometext
And if we visit old places, I think it would be a great idea to try new different food items on the menu. The above dish from Earl's is something the Mister consistently orders, but I want to try it for myself sometime. It looks so good!

This was the washroom inside Earl's. It looks so funky.

sometext
Boston Pizza
50 Courtney Park Drive, Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y

This was when we ate at Boston Pizza. Neither of us have ever eaten here before. When we came in the door, the servers pretty much ignored us for a good minute before someone was free to show us our seat.

sometext
We ended up ordering a custom pizza. The wait time for it wasn't too bad. When they brought it out, it looked quite fancy having it's own pedestal and pizza serving utensil.

Being advertised as gourmet, it did indeed taste really good. The dough was crispy and fluffy at the same time. The perfect amount of moistness and crispiness. The pizza was full of flavour. I would definitely like to come back again.

Overall: Ambience B-, Food A+, Service B-, Price A.

Since we are on the topic of trying new restaurants, my elder sister brought me, the Mister and my younger sister to a Middle Eastern restaurant and hookah lounge (can't remember the name). We didn't go to try the shisha, we went to go eat the food.

sometext

sometext
The Mister and I weren't that hungry so we just got a wrap.

sometext
My sisters got the real meals though. Looks good. I won't rate the restaurant though because I don't think it'd be fair basing it on a wrap I ate. The place being a lounge, seemed like it was a nice place for people to literally just hang out. It was quite interesting.

sometext
sometext
sometext
Other than eating, the Mister and I go to Walmart every weekend to buy some food for work for the week. It's become one of our rituals. I was just thinking... when we first started dating we would always go to Square One every weekend. Then every weekend we started to go downtown. I guess this Walmart thing will one day just be "one of those things we used to do"... so we should enjoy it while we can :)

sometext
One day when I move out to my own place, I think I will frequent T&T quite often. I rarely visit now, but when I do, I go all out.

sometext
All the stuff I got. I got the Vermont Curry because I want to try to make Judy's Japanese curry one day. I got a bunch of ramen because I love to eat it. The Cheese one is a new one I recently discovered. I also got a bunch of masks, but more on that in a different post.

sometext
This is my favourite ramen. It's by Paldo and it's delicious.

sometext
When I was in T&T, I stumbled upon their cheese ramen version and decided to try it. It tastes pretty good! I'd recommend it.

sometext
My favourite ramen though, is this Hot Chicken Flavour ramen by Samyang. It's like a fried version so there is no soup to eat with it. I must warn you though, it's really spicy. I only use about half of the hot sauce otherwise it'd be too spicy to handle. Samyang makes the same spicy ramen that people did that hot ramen challenge that went around on youtube. I like this one because it has a delicious cheese flavour to it, and if you can handle spicy and don't add the whole packet of hot sauce, it's really delicious.

Anyway, I'll end it off here even though this post was all about food. I have some things lined up, like some jewelry, beauty and clothing hauls. I haven't even shared with you what I got from the Sephora VIB sale. But I guess in this way, I was able to try out the items so I can tell you about it when I share it with you.

See you soon.

"Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess, because just like in a game of chess, the Queen protects the King." -Unknown

No comments: