Sunday, February 12, 2017

8.348 Dripping Crystals

Hey guys! In this post I will be sharing what I got during boxing day/week and on my birthday back in January (after much delay).

Now that I'm in my late 20's, I just can't seem to do boxing day shopping anymore. In fact, wherever there is a crowd at the mall, you can be sure to count me out. Lineups, no personal space, annoying people, strollers running you over... need I go on? But sometimes, I take a deep breath, and brave the it all.

sometext
That's how I managed to find myself in the above hot mess, otherwise known as Zara. Is it just me? Or has Zara lost all sense of cleanliness? Even during normal non-sale periods, the place almost always looks like it's been run over by wild animals.

sometext
Well, truthfully, this Zara sale started in January so it wouldn't technically be considered a boxing day/week sale. But since a sale is a sale, I've stuck it in here as if it were a boxing day deal. Luckily for me, my coworker notified me about the sale 2 days after it started. She happened to stumble upon it herself while walking through the mall and only needed to wait 15min in line. I went the following day but had to wait approximately 35min in line.

sometext
Although it seemed like it took forever to get to the cash, I found some great things! I came across this lovely military style jacket that was on sale for $69.99. The fabric and quality of the jacket is superb. I liked how it fit so much that I picked up the black one as well. Unfortunately the black was not on sale ($89.99), but it didn't matter because I wanted to snatch it up before it was gone.

sometext
The best deals I got were on their jeans. Zara jeans are great. They fit well, are comfortable to wear, and they have a variety of styles and washes to choose from! These were only $20-30 each!

sometext
sometext
Then the Swarovski necklace that I've been eyeing for some time... finally got marked down.

sometext
Is it not beautiful? It retailed for $345 but when on sale for $170. After much hesistation (because I wanted to see it in person), it eventually sold out online. I tried my best to look in-store but it wasn't there either. With some late luck, however, I managed to stumble upon the last one at another store location.

My mom, sister and fiance were at the store with me, so they were able to tell me that it was worth the purchase. It's by-far the most gorgeous piece in my collection.

sometext
It'll be perfect paired with a dress. I am also hopeful I can dress this down someway and wear it with a nice outfit that doesn't require a dress.

sometext
sometext
For my birthday, my fiance told me that I could pick my present. I didn't have anything in mind so I took a rain-check. He also got me a cake and a bouquet of roses. Some tips on the roses started to dry out already when I took these pictures though (a day after I got them). Fresh cut flowers are so fickle :/

sometext
I also got another cake at work LOL. It was the La Rocca White Chocolate Cranberry Truffle Cake and it was BOMB. The tartiness of the cranberry balances out the sweetness from the white chocolate. YUM.

sometext
My younger sister got me this beautiful honey comb necklace. It's very lightweight and the gold finish is that pretty buttery gold colour you want. It's a very unique piece indeed.

sometext
She also got me this vintage style plant water mist glass spray bottle. It's perfect because I've been wanting a pretty spray bottle to mist my plants with. Now my plant mister isn't quite an eyesore sitting on my windowsill.

sometext
My elder sister got me the Hario Buono Kettle. It's been something that has been on my wishlist forever. Yay! I've already used it and it works great with my Hario Coffee Dripper Filter.

sometext
The goose neck gives a more smooth flow of water without disrupting the coffee grind.

sometext
My brother got me a couple of candles, a maple syrup candle and a cake one. He knows how much of a candle hoarder I am.

sometext
I also picked up my Sephora birthday gift. I like this year's gift as it's something I would actually find myself using. Plus it's great because I can finally try out the much hyped Tarte blushes. Let's see what the commotion is about.

sometext
On the life front, I've been hitting the gym more vigarously once more. Some weeks it's hard because the stresses at work during the day can really drain me out of going to the gym after work.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
Weather is also sometimes a factor. We've been having the moreso typical Canadian weather as of late. We had freezing rain last week, snowstorm that dropped 10cm of snow on Friday, and today we just got another 10cm of snow.

sometext
Sometimes being cooped in has its positive points. I just finished watching Season 1 of The Crown on Netflix. It's a great show because I've always had some interest in the history of monarchs/kingdoms and the Royal life. This particular series follows the life of Queen Elizabeth. It really opened my eyes to what the queen's duties are, the stresses and adversities she faces, and the Royal life as we never would have pictured it. I also learned a great deal on the history of the British monarch. I find it fascinating. Can't wait for Season 2!

sometext
My sister's birthday just passed and I thought I had the perfect gift by getting her this Teavana tea maker, but I was wrong. She already had not one... but two! The tea maker came in a set with rock sugar and a tea can (both of which I gave her). I also got her the Winterberry tea and substituted a Woodswick candle in place of the tea maker. So now, I have a tea maker too haha.

sometext
I haven't shared much thrift store finds with you guys (I was planning on making an actual thrift store post), but I thought I'd share this one first. I found this glass hanging terrarium for only $2! It now holds a couple of my air plants in it. I love thrift shopping!

I found these tops at Winners. It's been getting a little more difficult for me to differentiate my work clothes from my going-out clothes. I need to buy pieces and specifically set them in either category. It'll be the only way I can stop questioning myself when I stand in front of my closet and wonder what I should wear to work and what I should reserve for the weekend. The above Calvin Klein tops are to be for weekend wear.

"Sometimes, the people who are thousands of miles away from you, can make you feel better than people right beside you." -Unknown

No comments: