Monday, January 30, 2017

8.347 Christmas Fun + Burberry

sometext
Apologies for being MIA! I got into a bit of a rut and didn't feel like blogging. Seeing that January is pretty much over, I better get this last Christmas post out of the way!

sometext
sometext
Lucky for me, I took my 2 weeks vacation right around Christmas to make the most of the Holidays. I've always wanted to spend my days at home during this time of year because it feels so warm, cozy and magical. Normally a couple days off from work for Christmas just isn't enough for me!

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
My mom and I visited my sister at her condo in Toronto. She's into DIY and decorating so she really decked out her place with the Christmas spirit. She amazes me with her craftiness. There are few DIYs I can do (ie. sugar scrubs, things to do with decor etc.) because I seriously do not have the patience to sit around and make handmade cards and other knick knacks.

sometext
I fell in love with the candle display. So charming!

sometext
sometext
We dropped by the Eaton's Centre and we came across these beautiful flowers that perfectly fitted with their assigned brands.

sometextThis Christmas, I was in charge of making the main dish. I decided to make Prime Rib with Garlic Herb Butter. Omg it turned out so good.

Carrots and mashed potatoes for our sides.

sometext
Can't forget the cheddar bay biscuits!

sometext
And of course, a holiday favourite, Tiramisu.

sometext
The champagne that I got for Christmas and New Years. Like I said in my last post, we didn't get a chance to pop the champagne for New Years (shown left) because the Mister was sick. We opened the Veuve Ambal for Christmas dinner though and it tasted pretty good.

sometext
We need a bigger table lol.

sometext
My sister made a gingerbread house for the whole family to decorate.

sometext
She also bought Christmas crackers! This one had whistles that you had to coordinate together to chime a song.

sometext
sometext
Then came the presents! After you enter the adult world, presents aren't as exciting as they were back when you were a kid. When you work, you have money to buy whatever you want. Still, there's some excitement still there :)

sometext
sometext
An overview of everything I got.

sometext
My silly brother got my whole family onesies haha! We all have different ones.

sometext
sometext
My sister got me LED string lights and some drink mixes.

sometext
My other sister got me Lindor chocolates and a set of Peter Thomas Roth masks! How very intriguing. I haven't had the courage to open it up yet. This is one of those things that you feel like you want to save forever LOL.

sometext
My mom got me bed sheets, because she knows how much I'm obsessed with bedding haha.

sometext
Then the mother load. I can't believe the Mister got me Burberry. I knew exactly what it was the moment I saw the box because I had planned on buying it myself since I saved enough.

sometext
sometext
I liked how they packaged it in a box. When I got my cashmere one, they didn't give me anything :( Perhaps you have to request for gift wrapping?

sometext
sometext
Burberry Check Wool Square - Large in the "House Check". It's 100% extra fine Merino wool and made in a 200-year-old mill in Scotland. Honestly... I don't know what I've done to deserve such a gift.

sometext
To end the holidays, we were invited over to my cousin's place the next day for a Christmas party. To start, we played Bean Boozled. I didn't participate because my stomach was feeling a bit funny and I didn't want to risk not feeling well the rest of the night.

sometext
sometext
The Asian style Christmas dinner.

My cousin (who was hosting the party) gifted me and my fiance a movie gift card along with some coupons! Perfect because we love watching movies.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

No comments: