Saturday, December 31, 2016

8.345 I Said Yes.

Hey guys! As promised, here is my last special post for the year. As the title suggests, the Mister did indeed put a ring on it. He proposed to me back in May 2016 but I didn't immediately blog about it because I wanted the feeling to really sink in. The term "boyfriend" was so embedded that it did take an adjustment period for me to really feel like he was my fiance. By the time I felt it, I got busy, other blog posts got in the way, and the news just kind of sat on the back burner... until now.

sometext
That day, the Mister wanted to go to the Lakeshore to have an evening walk. We have talked about marriage before and we discussed about him proposing this year, but I honestly had no clue that he was going to do it that day (or early on in the year). Although I knew that he would propose, the one thing he didn't want to take away from me was the element of surprise.

sometext
sometext
We walked to the furthest part of the park to look at the lake and take some pictures. The above pictures were literally taken right before I turned around (with the intention of taking more pictures of the other side) and discovering the Mister on one knee asking, "Will you marry me?" I was so surprised and it felt so surreal. Of course, I said "Yes."

Before I share more pictures from that day, let's do an unboxing.
sometext
sometext
The lovely Birks bag and the diamond certificates we received in the mail.

sometext
sometext
sometext
I was pleasantly surprised but pleased with the Birks bell ring box. It's so elegant yet different to the traditional boxes I see men in movies pull out of their pockets.

sometext
The ring is absolutely breathtaking. He had asked me before what brand and style of ring I liked. I showed him some rings from Birks and left it up to him with the ultimate decision. Obviously he did so well, because I love my ring. I've also received plenty of compliments on it.

sometext
sometext
Here is the first look of the ring on my finger back in May. Obviously the ring was too big so I needed it resized.

sometext
sometext
sometext
Some more pictures from that evening. I am truly grateful for having the Mister in my life.

We celebrated with cake and champagne that day with my family.

sometext
The sales rep at Birks told us that resizing would take 8 weeks because they had to remove the diamonds and melt down the white gold to resize. To cut it for resizing would leave a line and disrupt the Birks inscription inside the ring. The Mister got them to put a rush on it and they had it ready for us in about 6 weeks.

sometext
We ate at the food court after retrieving the ring.

sometext
Here is how the ring looks with the correct sizing on my finger. It couldn't be more perfect.

sometext
sometext
I also love how there's a little sapphire stone incorporated into the ring.


It was my wish for my engagement ring to be from Birks. I really wanted a ring that had Canadian roots. Birks, with class and elegancy, was the one store that I had my heart set on. Luckily for me, I found a man who didn't think twice to grant me my wish.

sometext
sometext
sometext
The engagement marked another milestone, to which I added to my Pandora bracelet. The Mister insisted on buying it for me. The charm is "Disney Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach."

sometext
I love Disney and I love that I was able to get this charm. It's my favourite thus far. The carriage is very detailed, intricate and beautiful.

sometext
sometext
sometext
Thank you to everyone who has been with me so far on my life's journey. I know some of you who have been reading since before I even met the Mister. My sincerest gratitude for sticking around.
I am so happy and thankful to be engaged to a wonderful and loving fiance. I couldn't ask for a better partner.

Through the struggles, obstacles and life challenges, here's to more years of overcoming it all! Happy New Year my dear friends. I hope 2017 will bring you joy, fulfillment, and peace. Cheers to a New Year!

"I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes." -Unknown

6 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

Congratulations Nat!!! The ring is so beautiful! Your soon to be hubs did a really good job! the bell box is so cute OMG! So happy for you! Hope you will keep us in the loops of your wedding planning journey!

Nat said...

@Sandy Thank you so much Sandy! I really appreciate it!

helen said...

He liked it and put a ring on it!! Way to go Mister!

Nat said...

@helen Thanks for your support! :)

MissS.elle said...

OHH MY GOSH!! Congrats Nat!! I am catching up on all the blog posts of my fav bloggers, that's why I'm commenting a hundred years later LOLL! I wish you guys a lot og love, happiness and all the great things in life!! :)

Nat said...

@MissS.elle Thank you!!! I've also been a bit MIA in the blogging world lately haha.