Saturday, December 24, 2016

8.343 Christmas Market 2016

Merry Christmas Eve! This evening we will be cooking Christmas dinner, and tonight, my family and I will open the presents! I can't wait to see the look on my sister's faces when they open their gifts. This year I think I got them things they'll really appreciate :)

sometext
This year the Mister and I attended the Distillery District Christmas Market. Before we went, we decided to eat at Swiss Chalet for lunch. This location wasn't a regular restaurant, it was Swiss Chalet Express, which was something we didn't know Swiss Chalet even had.

sometext
The service is in-between a fast food and dine-in restaurant. You go to the front and place your order (like you would at a fast food restaurant) then you go sit down and they bring the food to you. The food was fairly quick, and tastes the same so it's much cheaper than dining in at a regular Swiss Chalet restaurant where you have to tip. After you're done, you clean up after yourselves. The concept is similar to Ikea but it's less like a cafeteria and more like a fast-serve restaurant.

sometext
We drove to the Distillery, which is many people's eyes, was insane. There was traffic everywhere and finding parking was a nightmare. We saw about 2 lots before we successfully (and luckily) found a spot as the people were leaving. We left around 7pm which probably made the people who were waiting for parking super happy when we did. Passing the luck on :)

sometext
sometext
When we got to the market, we were informed that we had to walk to the tent that sold the admission tickets which was about a minute away. I can see why they made it separate since their would be a huge and unsafe crowd in front of the market if they didn't. There was no lineup to buy tickets when we went, but there was a lineup to get into the market. We only waited about 10 minutes before we were let in.

sometext
The Christmas market was PACKED. I don't think we went last year but 2014 was packed too. The Distillery District Christmas Market has boomed over the years. I remember being able to go and just enjoying the place without the huge crowd and lineups. It's nice that it brings people together, but it takes away from the experience when all you can focus on is not getting lost in the crowd and not bumping into other people.

sometext
I liked how they had a countdown. Reminds me of the Nightmare Before Christmas.

sometext
I wonder if they'll ever consider changing up the tree. It's been the same since the first time I went.

sometext
This was nice. An area solely for socializing and drinking. I do wish they had the fire pits though... but I guess the huge crowds makes it very dangerous to do.

sometext
sometext
The only thing we waited in line for was the Pretzels stand.

sometext
It was nice and hot. There were mustards available but we didn't like them. Thankfully there was an option for cheese dip which was much better.

sometext
sometext
The only thing I bought for myself was this Maple Syrup in the very dark flavour from this Sunday Market stall. Omg you guys, this was so good. I really enjoy real pure maple syrup and I don't think I can ever go back to the store-bought ones. Wish I bought more. I introduced it to the Mister with pancakes and he absolutely loves it.

sometext
Then I dropped by the fudge stall and bought a slice for my sister whom loves eating it.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
Then it started to get dark which is what we were waiting for so that we can fully enjoy the lights.

sometext
This spot was a good spot to take pictures. So many people took pictures with loved ones, us included. And that concludes our trip there!

sometext
sometext
Lastly, my FAIL ombre nails LOL. I swear the bottles didn't look that bad when I put them side by side... but on the nails it's so different. Can't believe I managed to fail twice...

"Small deeds done are are better than great deeds planned." -Peter Marshall

No comments: