Thursday, December 22, 2016

8.342 Vacay Mode + Dean Davidson

I hope you aren't sick of me yet! I have about 3 more blog posts I want to do before the year is up, so please bear with me!

sometext
Nader's Middle Eastern Grill and Bakery
3900 Grand Park Dr., Mississauga, ON L5B 0A5

sometext
My sister frequents this Middle Eastern restaurant a lot as she snaps the food from here all the time on Snapchat. One day she suggested I go with her to try it out.

sometext
sometext
When I walked in, I immediately thought the place was HUGE. There was so much seating and so many variety of seating to choose from too.

sometext
Their menu looks pretty good. You basically go to the front, order and pay; then you go choose a seat and wait until they bring the food to you. Service was nice and decent. The place seemed like a lovely place to bring along a laptop to work while you munch away on food. Ambience was pretty quiet because the place was so large and only a couple of people were there when we went.

sometext
We got my sister's favourite, the minced meat pizza with cheese on top. It was a bit hard to pick up without the toppings falling off (because the pizza was so hot), but it was delicious. I only wish they gave us more dipping sauce because it really makes the pizza that more tastier.

Overall: Ambience A+, Food A, Service A, Price A.

sometext
New China Garden
200 County Ct Blvd, Brampton, ON L6W 3W7

The Mister brought me to a Hakka Chinese restaurant, New China Garden, that he loves so much. The place is reminiscent of an olden day restaurant back from the 30s and 40s. The only thing was, there was a group of men who seemed like regulars talking loudly at their table. If you came here alone, you might feel very awkward/uncomfortable, as the place can come off as a bit secluded from the rest of the world.

sometext
Manchurian Chicken.

sometext
Honey Garlic Chicken.

sometext
Chicken Hakka Chow Mein. As you can see, the proportions are huge! Dishes range from $10-$12.50 which is such a great deal given how much they serve you. Service was also decent.

Overall: Ambience C+, Food B+, Service B+, Price A+.

sometext
One night treating myself to a Burger King Whopper. On Wednesday they only sell the meal for $3.99!

sometext
The Mister promised me from last year that he would buy me a Crystal Head. You guys know how much I love skulls (I have no purpose for the vodka). I love it! My room is a bit crammed with stuff now though... so one day when I get my own place, I'll have a place to display it properly.

sometext
Another empty desk... again. My coworker who recently joined us a month ago has left. This chair must be cursed.

sometext
This is probably silly to you but, my office sometimes doesn't have enough supplies to go around. Things just seem to disappear into thin air. One day we have 50 pens, the next, it's all gone. So basically, the items above are a result of what I managed to find laying around the office.

I've been trying to find this tray for months to organize my desk more. Finally!

sometext
And alas, the moment when I can leave it all behind for 2 weeks..!!

sometext
Holiday time :D Best feeling ever.

sometext
sometext
This is one of the gifts I received from one of our forwarders. I was pleasantly surprised that I got one as I thought this kind of thing would only be for the bosses. He told me that he handpicked the items and they're all from Italy! How nice!

sometext
sometext
The light show display for Christmas at Sherway Gardens Mall. It's so cool. If you follow me on Snapchat you would've been able to see it in action. The whole thing coordinates with the Christmas songs they have playing. It was mesmerizing to watch.

sometext
That day I was able to find this cute J.Crew necklace on sale for 40% off I think it was. I've been trying to find a gold flat circular pendant long necklace for the longest time. This one even opens up so I can put a secret photo or message inside!

sometext
Winners always does me right. For years now I've been saying to myself that one day I will get an epilator. Back in 2010 or '11 when epilators became popular in the blogging world, I wanted one but was too afraid to commit to such a "tortuous" looking device. Then I saw this a few months ago at Shoppers going on sale for $79.99 from $99.99 or something.

sometext
Well gosh darn my luck! I stumbled upon the same device at Winners for only $49.99! I love this one because I can use it wet or dry. Yes, it was scary when I first turned it on... but when I actually did it (started slowly), it turns out it wasn't all that bad. I didn't bleed as much as I thought I would, just a few specs of red that showed up mainly on my right side, but that's it! The hair takes longer to grow back, they're much finer, and sparse too! I love it and would highly recommend it!

sometext
sometext
I found these cute Kate Spade sunnies at Winners. Buying shades off-season is sometimes the best times to buy.

sometext
They may look similar to other ones I own but they're actually slightly different. The whole front is flat as opposed to having any curve which gives it an interesting look when I wear them. They almost remind me of Claire Marshall and Alex when they wear their cool sunglasses.

sometext
You guys, I found the Miu Miu perfume at Winners! Score! This was one of the fragrances I was hoping would show up here. So glad I waited.

sometext
So I finally bought myself flannel sheets for winter. Best. Decision. Ever. It feels so soft and cozy, and the best part is, there's no cold spot! I was deciding between the snowman and the reindeer one. I ended up choosing the reindeer since it looked more neutral and less kid-like.

sometext
So I couldn't resist the good sale Dean Davidson had for Black Friday. I got 30% off this Coliseum Pendant necklace in the "Ocean Blue Chalcedony/Pink Chalcedony" (org. price $365, but I got it for $309.34 tax included- expensive... I know).

sometext
sometext
It has a good weight to it and it's such a statement piece. Although it's my most expensive Dean Davidson piece to date, it's not my favourite out of what I own. I think the gold isn't the right tone for this necklace in my opinion. It's a little too yellow for my taste. Aside from that, it's still a nice piece and great to add some interest to a more plain outfit. I like the details and how I can flip the pendant around for a two-in-one necklace though.

sometext
sometext
Then about a month later, I saw that he had put the Cloak Pendant in "Rainbow Moonstone" heavily discounted in his sale section (org. price $275 but I got it for $196.45 tax included). I've been eyeing this necklace for months. I was going to get the stone in Ocean Blue Chalcedony, but then I figured I already had two pieces with that stone. I was a bit hesitant to go with the Rainbow Moonstone but I'm so glad I did because I absolutely love it. The necklace came in a leather pouch this time instead of the box which was nice. Much easier to store this way too.

"The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but the thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is." -Eckhart Colle

No comments: