Wednesday, December 21, 2016

8.341 The Ballet Slipper

sometext
sometext
When I learned that Cinderella was coming to the National Ballet of Canada, I knew that I had to see it. For starters, I love anything Disney; and two, the Mister has never been to a ballet so it was the perfect opportunity for him to finally see one.

sometext
Regardless of the countless times we've been to Toronto, we only just discovered the underground parking located at Toronto City Hall. It's much cheaper than other parking lots too! Only $8 for the whole day on weekends!! Knowing this, we'll definitely be visiting Toronto more frequently once again :) I think the car has spoiled us as we haven't stepped on the TTC in ages.

sometext
sometext
Here I am wearing Essie's "Bahama Mama". It's a gorgeous deep plum colour.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
A little snack for the Mister before we go in. I like how airy and open the place is; also the glass stairs add a beautiful touch of elegance.

sometext
A brief summary of the Cinderella story. The ballet actually tells a slightly different version of the Cinderella story to the traditional Disney story.

sometext
You guys know how much I admire some public washrooms. This one isn't that great, but it's not bad either.

sometext
Sneaking in a picture of the theatre as we were told that no pictures were allowed.

sometext
Afterwards people were outright taking pictures of themselves in the theatre to which I think the workers stopped caring. So, I was able to take a more proper picture. What's the problem, right? It's not like we're taking pictures of the show. Sharing the picture of the theatre on social media is beneficial to marketing the ballet anyway.

sometext
I found 50 cents under my seat lol.

sometext
The show was nice and the Mister really enjoyed it. I really like the evil step-mother. She played the part very well. I do prefer The Nutcracker over this ballet though. Next year I'll go see it again with the Mister.

sometext
After the ballet, we headed off to eat at Ajisen Ramen. We didn't go anywhere fancier because I've been craving for ramen for some time now.

sometext
This time I got the Ajisen Spicy Pork Ramen and chose the second highest spice level recommended by the server after I asked the same spice level as the Tom Yum BBQ Pork Ramen. It turned out to be a little too spicy. I think the middle spicy level would have been better suited. I can't remember what the Mister got.

sometext
We also got a side of Gyoza, yum!

We dropped by Furama bakery on the way back to the car. I picked up some baked goods for my family.

sometext
I LOVE Toronto at night. It looks so magical. Now that we don't have to take transit, we don't have to be afraid to stay out late because we won't have to rely on any bus schedule. Feels great and I am so thankful for our car :)

sometext
I absolutely love this picture. It's just... perfect.

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion." -Abraham Lincoln

No comments: