Monday, December 19, 2016

8.340 Yorkdale, Shiseido Sale, Sephora 20% + VIB Rouge $25

It's now mid December and I'm halfway through my vacation. It feels good to be able to sleep in and not have to worry about anything. I just came back from a relaxing weekend getaway trip from Niagara Falls with the Mister... but more on that later.

Before the year is over, I wanted to at least catch us up to speed.

sometext
Since going on vacation, I've taken a break from the gym. This coming year, I plan to work out harder and really try to eat healthier (at least during the weekdays). Whenever I see myself in pictures, I hardly recognize myself anymore... I've really let myself go but I plan to get myself back! My metabolism isn't what it used to be anymore. Let's hope for the best.

I started to drink more water. I put in some lemon slices and fruit to infuse with the water to give it some flavour and make it more appealing.

Ha! And to go completely opposite to staying healthy... I went through the McDonald's drivethru by myself for the first time.

sometext
sometext
The Mister and I went to Yorkdale to check out the new wing, Nordstrom and Uniqlo store that opened up. We wanted to check out Nadege, since we've never been, but the place was crowded so we decided not to go.

sometext
sometext
Nordstrom was really nice. I like it better than Saks. The flow was better and it's easier to shop in than Saks.

Inside Nordstrom they have their cafe called Ebar.

sometext
The Mister got the Tropical Green Tea (hot) and I got the Oreo Ice Storm. It was pretty good!

sometext
sometext
Then it was off to Uniqlo.

sometext
Interesting enough... there was a red carpet outside where the lineup is supposed to form. We waited about 5 minutes before they let us in.

sometext
We didn't really find anything, but I did get a camisole because I wanted to test out the quality of their basics.

sometext
At The Bay, I picked up this Expression necklace on sale for only $12!! What a steal!! I like it because it looks interesting like feathers of a griffin or something.

sometext
After walking around the mall some more, we decided to watch a movie.

sometext
The movie we watched was Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Jack Reacher (first part) was the movie we watched on our first date together. We were happy that 3.5 years later, we were able to watch the second addition.

sometext
About halfway through the movie, suddenly there was a power surge and we were left in the dark. They were able to resolve it within 5 minutes, but some people were pretty upset that the movie got interrupted.

sometext
Since having a car, I figured we should take advantage of the warehouse sales that happen in and around Toronto. I heard about the William Ashley warehouse sale and thought it'd be great to check out.

sometext
sometext
The place was pretty stuffy because there was a lot of objects and people and their carts around. I managed to find some things to get but I think this place would be better to visit once we have our own place.

sometext
sometext
I got the Wusthof knife sharpener and cutting board, a large Woodwick candle in "Evening Bonfire", a multiple size circular cookie cutter, and a metal scoop. I also got a gift for my sister, but I can't show it since she sometimes reads my blog lol.

sometext
Speaking of warehouse sales, I couldn't attend the Shiseido Warehouse sale this November, but my mom went so I wrote down some items for her to pick up for me. Unfortunately when my mom handed over the piece of paper to the person working at the warehouse, they misread what I wrote and gave me the Benefiance emulsions instead of the Benefiance creams... All the products seemed to have been marked up by $3 since April. The White Lucent  emulsion was $47, Benefiance emulsions were $45 and the Benefiance eye cream was $43.

sometext
sometext
My haulage for the Sephora VIB sale. The Clarisonic Mia is a Christmas gift for my mom.

sometext
I was really looking forward to getting this NARS Olympia Contour blush. I've taken a huge liking to contouring ever since watching Chloe's videos. This was one of the products she liked some time back and usually whatever she recommends for contour works perfectly for me.

sometext
Finally got another jar of the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. I love this mask as it makes my skin feel so hydrated in the morning.

sometext
sometext
I love Burberry's Lip Velvet lipsticks. I finally got my hands on the "Oxblood". I had wanted it last year during the 20% off sale but it sold out by the time I tried to buy it.

sometext
sometext
I also picked up a Tom Ford lipstick in "Revolve Around Me". I wanted to see what the hype was about and if these lipsticks are actually worth the $68 price tag.

sometext
The formulation is very creamy and thick and feels comfortable on the lips. It's opaque enough for the colour to show on pigmented lips. If your lips are dry, expect it to be unapologetic. The lipstick doesn't have any lasting power however. I have to repeatedly reapply to my lips throughout the day. It also isn't very moisturizing either despite feeling very creamy. I won't be purchasing any more tubes, especially since the price is so high.

sometext
Left swatch is Tom Ford's "Revolve Around Me"; right swatch is Burberry "Oxblood".

sometext
After buying all of these items, I managed to hit VIB Rouge status. This is a bit of a surprise to me since I don't think I bought all that much this year. The funny thing with Sephora though is, the amount can rack up easily considering the products are not cheap. This year I bought maybe 1 or 2 items in the following months: January, February, April, May, June, July, October then it was November for the sale. Isn't it weird that it can accumulate so much just from a couple items in a few months?

sometext
sometext
sometext
Because I'm VIB Rouge, I got $25 voucher to redeem for an item over $50. I decided to get the newly released Tarteist Pro palette. I already own the Tartelette palette, and so far, both Tarte palettes highly impress me. They're pigmented, buttery and easily blendable.

sometext
sometext
The Mister brought me some Indian sweets in celebration of Diwali. I have a sweet tooth, but India sure does beat me to it! One bite and I felt like I was in a sugar coma lol!

sometext
At Pho Dau Bo. I love pho and I also love Bun Bo Hue, which is what I got above. Mmmm.

sometext
My nails for Halloween.

sometext
My car was low on oil so I had to buy some to fill it. This was the first time I had to fill the oil. Because it was dark out and it was raining, I thought it would be a good idea to go in an underground parking lot to fill it since I'm shielded from the rain and there's light for me to see. I parked behind one of the walls in more secluded area so that other people don't think I need help. I'm not even kidding when I say that the second I popped the hood, a guy in his blue Honda out of nowhere rolls up beside me and asks if I need help. After letting him know I'm okay, another guy decides to go to his car parked near me to talk on the phone. Luckily I got one photo in haha. I actually wanted to snapchat the whole thing but it would've looked too stupid. How ironic I wanted to be in seclusion but yet ended up with people all around me.

"I think women love very hard. We love men. We just love with everything we have. And sometimes I don’t know that that love is met with the type of dignity that we wish it would be met with." -Lady Gaga

2 comments:

helen said...

Have you ever tried Bite Beauty lipsticks? They are pretty damn awesome (and smells great too!) There's a Bite Beauty store in downtown Toronto that lets you create your own unique shade of lipstick.. any colour you can think of!! Mind you it would cost you like $55 or something.. (they also have a shop in NYC). It's definitely on my bucket list since it is out of my price range for a lipstick at the moment...

Nat said...

@helen I don't own any Bite Beauty lipsticks, but I did get a sample from a previous VIB Rouge welcome kit. I forgot how luxurious it feels on the lips! It's a red though so that's probably why I forgot about it. I def should check it out next time. Thanks for the recommendation!