Sunday, November 13, 2016

8.338 Mind-Blown + Autumn Haul

As we go through life, we come across experiences, people and revelations that bring light and meaning to situations we've faced or thought about before. For the most part, I try to keep my blog's content light and fun. But once in a while, I do share some posts with deeper thoughts and messages.

I was having a conversation with a coworker in which she asked me about how to find a "good" guy. In her experience, supposedly only the "pretty" girls get the guys. It made a little more sense when she put into context the cultural difference between Canadian guys and guys who either come from or ascribe to her ethnicity. Apparently, there is only one standard of beauty according to her culture, and if you don't fit into that, you have a slim chance of finding a guy. As we were talking, she mentioned how a guy friend explained to her why they go after the pretty girls regardless if their personality is less than favourable. It is only after they get her when they decide if she's worth keeping or not (worth the trouble). O-M-G. Mind-blown.

Obviously not all guys are like this and you also have to take age group etc into account).. . but for the most part, now it makes more sense why guys go after the mindless-moneygrubbing-pretty ones. Thought I'd share that since I thought it was interesting.

Anyway, since I'm here, I thought I'd post a bunch of random clothes I got during the Fall season since I never got around to sharing them.

sometext
Army style top from Zara. I like wearing these tops made with thicker fabric for the colder weather.

sometext
Zara skinny jeans. I got these on sale when Zara had their massive storewide sale. They're comfortable to wear and they look great on!

sometext
Forever21 cardigan (for work). Nothing too special about this cardigan, just something I can easily throw on while I run out the door in the morning.

sometext
H&M makes some really nice blazers at an affordable price. You can't tell from the picture but this blazer is made with a thicker fabric and it has a little bit of texture to it.

They also sometimes make great tops too- for both weekend and work attire. I got these for work. The fit was so well that I decided to grab the white one too after I tried the striped one.

Sorry for the bad lighting guys. Cold weather just does not want to cooperate when it comes to taking pics for the blog!

sometext
MO&Co. top that I got on sale from the Hudson Bay. I really love this red colour and I think it'd be great for the Holidays. The cut of it is also unique to my closet. Just need to lose a little more weight for it to look right haha.

sometext
My very first piece from Scotch & Soda. This was also on sale at The Hudson Bay. I've noticed I've become very attracted to stripes.

sometext
This Free People sweater was heavily discounted. I believe I got it for around $50-60 after a few markdowns (originally around $200). I really like how care-free it is.

sometext
sometext
This is a throwback way back! I got these Zara heels ages ago but I didn't realize I never shared them. Zara makes beautiful shoes that give you the look you want without having to fork over your wallet.

sometext
Simple ballerina flats from Aldo for work. I always try to buy Aldo shoes on sale since they always go on sale. Unless it's a shoe that's really popular and will sell out, it's better to wait for a sale.

sometext
I was really attracted to this style of flats. The small heel and almond toe gives this pair a more sophisticated look than your typical flats. I also like how it has the suede in front and leather on the side. It gives it even more interest.

"Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you." -Unknown

No comments: