Wednesday, November 9, 2016

8.337 Back with Beauty Goodies

Last year I did not qualify for VIB Rouge for this year which is why I have to wait until the 11th to get my VIB 20% off. I already have my online cart ready, and once I place my order, I will actually qualify for VIB rouge until the end of next year- which is odd because I don't feel like I spent much this year. But I guess makeup at Sephora is fairly expensive so buying one or two items at a time can end up costing $100 already.

sometext
sometext
Today I wanted to share a few makeup items I picked up over the past couple of months or so. I picked this blush/highlighter from Burberry. I believe I came across a blog post or youtube video of someone raving about this so I couldn't resist. The packaging is super adorable but I only like it okay. I don't find it that great nor the easiest to use. The highlighter is a bit chalky and the blush is very pigmented which makes it more difficult to blend for a natural look. To be fair, I have not used it much so perhaps I haven't found the right technique to fully appreciate it.

sometext
In September Shoppers Drug Mart had their first ever online Super Spend Your Points Event. I haven't seen them host one of these spend your points events in a very long time so I was pleasantly surprised and super happy to partake.

sometext
I have a lot of points saved up just for events like these. They ran out of some Dior items I was eyeing so I opted for a couple of Guerlain items I've been wanting instead. Along with Guerlain, I also picked up a Philosophy Purity face wash and a backup of my holy grail Lise Watier cream concealer wheel.

sometext
sometext
First up, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Nude Powder Foundation. I haven't tried this yet because I wanted to focus on finishing up a couple other powders (I've already finished one of them- Dior Nude Air Pressed Powder). I really like the Lingerie de Peau liquid foundation so I figured the powder foundation should be just as good.

sometext
sometext
Then I got the Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Tender Blush. I got it in the "Morning Rose". It's a beautiful blush that blends easily and looks very natural on the skin. This blush gives off a totally matte finish so if you want some glow, you'll want to add some highlighter.

sometext
I found this T3 straightener at a bargain price at Winners. I threw away the box already but I distinctly remember paying around $79.99 for it (retail price $200+). I only use a straightener when my hair suddenly decides to be wonky on some days, so it's not my go-to tool. The one item I highly recommend would be the T3 hairdryer. Best beauty tool I own thus far. I've had the same one for 7 years now (and still going).

sometext
Lastly, can we take a moment to appreciate Essie's Fall Collection for 2016? I got three shades from the collection (that's how much I love the collection). From left to right: "Kimono-over", "Maki Me Happy" and "Playing Koi".

sometext
sometext
This is "Maki Me Happy". It's such a beautiful deep red colour. It not only works for Fall, but it'll be gorgeous to wear during the Holidays and will take you through the winter season.

sometext
sometext
"Playing Koi" seemed to be the most popular shade among the 6 shades available. I'm not surprised as the colour screams fall and is truly a unique colour. I'd describe it as a burnt orange. Very beautiful a must for any collection.

p.s. Did not see Trump coming. I'm still quite shocked.

"You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again." -Bonnie Prudden

No comments: