Wednesday, November 2, 2016

8.335 Into the Caves

You know, after I "publicly" rant, whether it be to people or here on my blog, somehow I always feel a little guilty inside. I don't know if it's the feelings of vulnerability for putting myself out there or thinking if the matter was even worth ranting about. In any case, I need to shake these feelings and learn to express myself unapologetically. I need to be more tough and have tougher skin!! It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and I need to fend for myself!!

Anyway, these days I'm on a roll with these blog posts. Perhaps it's because I still have a lot to share, and since Winter is coming, I need to clear out these posts.

sometext
sometext
Back in October, I thought it'd be fun to head out to Scenic Caves since the Mister has never been there. I went there with my family years ago so I knew that it'd be a place that he would enjoy.

sometext
We stopped for some Tim Hortons. Nothing says a road trip more than Tim Hortons- okay maybe that's just a Canadian thing LOL.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
Wind turbine central. I don't know what it is, but I seriously enjoy going on long drives with the Mister. Scenic Caves is about a 2 hour drive from where I live, but honestly it flew by with him.

sometext
sometext
Scenic Caves is a great place for families and kids. You feel like you're in the wilderness and it's fun to climb, but you'll always know help is nearby if you need it. They build the stairs and pathways with safety as the number one priority.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
Walking in the forest was so peaceful.

sometext
Into the caves we go!

sometext
There was one part where I never went with my family. We bypassed this small cave because there was a huge lineup when we were there years ago. This time there was only a few people so the Mister and I decided to check it out.

sometext
It's called "The Fat Man's Misery". Apparently at the end of the cave, there is a small opening that you have to squeeze into. When the sign said 14" wide, I didn't expect it to be that tiny when we got up there. It was so crazy..!! I got nervous because I didn't want to do the walk of shame and disrupt the line to go back. It was then or nothing. Luckily, I managed to squeeze myself through. It was sure a tight one, but we both really enjoyed it! We wished there were more.

Here you can see the chief's face in the rock formation (left picture).

sometext
After we were done the rock climbing and seeing the caves, we went out by the pond and fed some fish. As you can see from the above picture, the darn seagulls kept getting in the way and ate most of the fish food I threw in the water.

sometext
I moved to a different spot and was successful in feeding just the fishes!

sometext
sometext
Then it was off to the suspension bridge. We did some more hiking in the woods before we finally arrived at the bridge.

sometext
sometext
sometext
The view was pretty nice.

sometext
I wasn't planning on getting anything from the giftshop, but I remembered this glass mug I saw when we first entered the grounds. I didn't know what it meant by "Fat Man's Misery" so I wasn't even interested, but after how much fun we had squeezing our way through that cave, I knew that I definitely wanted that mug! The other side just says Scenic Caves.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
Then it was home time. We feel very fortunate that we have a car to go on these little adventures. Although we have fond memories of taking the transit all those years, a car allows us to go places we can't easily reach via transit.

p.s. So I've been reading about how Toronto will soon be engulfed by snow in the next 2 weeks. Don't know if this is actually true but I'm going to prepare myself before the snow hits. Yesterday I cleaned the car to prep it for the long winter of no cleaning. Today I went to Dollarama to get some clear plastic sheets to line the bottom of my car with. I'll probably line the car on Friday when it says it'll stop raining. As for myself, I recently bought a new winter coat (that I've yet to share) and yesterday the Hunter boots I've been eyeing for some time now just went on sale! So that will be coming to me shortly. How about you? How are you preparing for the long (I heard it's going to be harsh) winter ahead?

"Sitting has become the smoking of our generation." -Nilofer Merchant

No comments: