Wednesday, October 26, 2016

8.333 Pumpkins + Le Creuset

sometext
sometext
Lately I've been thinking of really taking the effort to save money aside for luxury items I've been lusting over for years. I'm at a point in my life where I don't have expenditures relating to kids or a house mortgage. It's the perfect time to invest in bags and scarves that will last a lifetime, no?

Halloween is right around the corner. I'm not much of a Halloween kind of person but I do enjoy celebrating holidays, even if it's in a small way. This year I decided to buy some decorative pumpkins. I was in Home Sense one day and saw 2 ladies chatting away about which pumpkins they should buy among the group of glass pumpkins in front of them. Assuming that the glass pumpkins were placed there by the store, I came up close to have a look at them. Immediately one of the ladies looks at me but I take a glance before walking away. I figured I'll come back later and pick after they're done. They stood there talking for at least 10 minutes, and by the time I came back, all the pumpkins were gone. It was that moment I realized that the pumpkins were not put on display in that spot by the store. Those ladies had scoured the whole store and took all the pumpkins and placed it there for them to choose from. How inconsiderate.

sometext
Luckily though, I found a few remaining pumpkins of interest on the store shelves. Above was one I considered but didn't get.

sometext
I was also close to getting the above orange one but decided not to.

sometext
I ended up picking up these 2 pumpkins, which look practically identical, because I couldn't decided between the two colours. I really loved the shape of the pumpkin so I thought it wouldn't hurt to get both of them. This is as far as I'll go for Halloween decoration inside the house for now. It seems Halloween decor is more of an outdoor thing.

sometext
Thanksgiving for us Canadians was earlier this month (Oct 10th). This year I decided to make soup. I was super excited because I was able to use my newly acquired Le Creuset dutch oven pot! I told myself that one day I would buy the red one when I get my own place... but the opportunity presented itself when I crossed paths with it at Winners!! I also bought 2 copper pots the same day.

sometext
This 5.5QT round dutch oven pot retails for $525 but I only bought it for $230!! What a steal!!

sometext
The size is perfect for a small family. If you have a larger family, the next size up will probably do. I made Chicken Pot Pie soup and it turned out delicous.

sometext
sometext
Chicken before and after.

sometext
Asparagus.

sometext
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.

sometext
sometext
I love enjoying a great big meal with the family.

sometext
Tiramisu for dessert!

sometext
The weather has become so chilly as of late. I miss being able to relax by the lake and walk around without feeling like you just want to snuggle in your blanket in bed.

sometext
We saw this two extravagant houses in the neighbourhood. I hope one day I can own a beautiful home just like these two.

sometext
sometext
sometext
sometext
Relaxing by the lake while we munched on Dominoes pizza. We were undisturbed for some time until some geese and seagulls spotted us eating. The geese swam over and the seagulls quickly flew over to see if they could get a morsel of food. They hung around for some time before swimming away after they realized they weren't going to get any handouts.

sometext
sometext
Osmow's makes delicious shawarma. Just thinking about it now makes me want to eat some. Mmm.

sometext
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in "So Much Fawn". I love wearing this in the fall because it's the perfect dusty rose colour.

sometext
On snapchat, heyclaire posted a picture of her newly washed brushes. Am I the only one who likes to see what kind of brushes people use? I like to see what's worth getting. I'm actually obsessed with brushes and seem to collect quite a bit of them.

sometext
Speaking of snapchat, I snapped picking these Asian snacks up from T&T. I tried all of them and the only one I like is the beef jerky. I was hoping to find dried candied squid similar to the ones my mom brought back from Vietnam years ago but still no luck. The beef jerky was a total success though! It tastes exactly like the Vietnamese beef jerky my former coworker brought for us to enjoy at the workplace. She sneaked it past Airport security lol. She's crazy. But at least I know I can enjoy it here now!

sometext
I know around Fall everyone loves to drink Pumpkin Spice Latte... but I swear, year round I am always up for a Vanilla Frappe no matter how cold it is. The Mister loves his green tea. We're hot and cold LOL.

sometext
Our dinner for the month at Canyon Creek. We both opted for the $36 Prix Fixe meal. I got the same choice I made last time we came here except this time I got the seasonal soup which was potato cream soup. It was really good!

sometext
sometext
I would never order salmon or fish but after I did the last time, I think I will order it often from now on.

sometext
Been hitting the gym pretty consistenly as of late. Today is my day of rest which is why I have time to blog.

sometext
Work has been okay these days. I don't feel so much pressure but I'm sure it'll come back around soon. My new colleague turned out alright. At first I was unsure because of some things she did... but I can overlook them because I think there may be some miscommunication going on. She's pretty fashionable actually; she wears a dress everyday to work. In fact, I've yet to see her wear pants. Another coworker mentioned to me how who doesn't like how she puts on a "fashion show", but I totally give kudos to her. I don't see why people judge or care so much about what other people wear. It's not like she's showing inappropriate skin, cleavage or wearing anything skintight or see-through. Her choice of clothing are actually very office appropriate. I admire her for wearing what she wants regardless if it makes her stand out.

sometext
The Mister and I saw Jack Reacher Never Go Back this past Saturday. The first date we went on was to see Jack Reacher (the first movie). It's so cool that now 3 years later, we have gone back to see the second edition.

sometext
Have any of you tried the gourmet popcorn from Poptopia? I tried the Caramel Chocolate Drizzle and it's so good! If you're not much of a sweet tooth, you probably won't like this.

sometext
Also, before the movie started, I won first place in Slap Shot Shooter. So cool because I've never seen my name first for anything before! And it was on the big screen! My 10 seconds of fame haha :D

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

No comments: