Wednesday, October 19, 2016

8.332 Moving Day

sometext
Sometimes I get paranoid about getting "found" out. It's happened before. A high school friend found my blog once, but that was when I still had my old blog and I was mainly blogging about beauty. I'm not as afraid of being discovered by my friends than I am by my coworkers or my bosses though. I like to separate the two as much as possible. I would totally feel awkward if someone at work knew about the details of my inner personal life. I can go into a lot of detail on here, especially when it comes to rants and sharing my thoughts. People on my Facebook found my Instagram because stupid Facebook connected the two accounts. Thankfully I had removed my blog link from my Instagram way back. I figured one day my instagram would get discovered somehow. Phew!

Anyway, today I wanted to finally share some purchases I made in the Summer.
Both of these shirts are from Zara. I am in constant need of tops for going out on weekends. Ever since I started working at my workplace, I have a tough time differentiating between office attire and weekend attire. My style was already very office-like so now I'm always second-guessing myself LOL.

sometext
It wouldn't be a Summer haul without a pair of shorts! These are also from Zara.

More tops for weekend and work. I found these at Winners. Winners and Marshalls have really great deals to be found if you give the time to look for them. These shirts were $35 and $30 which is a lot cheaper than other tops that go for $50-60+.

sometext
Speaking of expensive tops, I was drooling over the above BCBG top. I love the colour and how flowy it is... but at $192 there was no way in hell I would buy it!

sometext
This too was a great find at Winners. This is the first denim top I've ever owned. I have another top from Velvet Heart and they both fit great!

sometext
I found these coffee beans and grinds at Marshalls. They taste pretty good and I like how their a Canadian company.

sometext
sometext
Remember in my last post how I scored on those inexpensive Spiegelau wine glasses? Well I scored again! But this time it was at Home Outfitters. These pack of beer glasses retailed for $89.99, but I got them at a steal for only $14.96!

sometext
So you may be wondering about the title... it's not me haha... yet. My younger sister needed help moving out of her shared condo with her friend to another condo to live by herself. What a big step! I swear the things she does sometimes really makes me green with envy. I still live at home for goodness sake... and here she is living independently. Kudos to her!

sometext
View from her old place. I zoomed in on one of the balconies of a neighbouring building because this would totally be how my balcony would look like if I lived in a condo LOL.

sometext
Goodbye condo. I actually liked the layout of this condo. It felt very cozy and home-like. The only thing is the kitchen is hella tiny.

sometext
Loads of stuff to move. This would totally be me one day.

sometext
On our way to the new place! It was weird being in a U-Haul truck because I sat in the middle. The only time I remember sitting in the middle was when I was little and it was in one of those olden day cars where there was a middle seat in the front.

sometext
New place! I like how they managed to incorporate a small island in. This space has never been occupied by anyone before, how lucky!

sometext
View from the new building.

sometext
Holy Chuck
1450 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1Y7

Taken from the site: "Holy Chuck is a pioneer in Toronto’s burger scene. In such a short period of time since our opening on September 7th 2011, Holy Chuck has made a huge impact and quite a statement. Our hand rolled patties made of aged high quality steak is ground fresh every hour and has earned our signature burger The Holy Chuck best burger in Toronto by Joanne Kate’s and Celebrity Chef Massimo Capra to name a few. We have also been rated as one of the Top 100 restaurants in Toronto in 2014."

Then we were treated to Holy Chuck burgers for all of our hard work :D

sometext
So much to choose from... I decided to go with their signature The Holy Chuck burger (double cheeseburger with bacon and caramelized onions) since I've never tried this place before. I figured I should go for their signature and later branch out.

sometext
sometext
Oh boy... was the burger ever good! The meat patty was super juicy and savoury. The only downside was that the patty was so juicy that the juices totally made the bottom bun soggy. Still, I would totally come back here!

Service was nice, seating was spacious, a great casual place to hang out.

Overall: Ambience A, Food A, Service A+, Price A+.

sometext
Then another weekend we helped my sister pick out a tv. She ended up with Samsung and it looks great!

sometext
sometext
Drive back home. I may love Toronto and the idea of living in the city seems great... but traffic is a nightmare, most neighbourhoods are very old with dated houses- not to mention ridiculous living/housing costs. I think I'll stick with living in the Greater Toronto Area and just visit Toronto downtown when I want.

"The truth shall set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

No comments: