Tuesday, September 27, 2016

8.330 Taking the Green Thumb Indoors Again

sometext
Hey guys! Thought I'd drop in and do a "quick" post before bed. I wanted to blog about the last part of my Summer over the weekend.. but then I got busy and also realized that I have some photos that I need to retrieve from the Mister's phone in order to have a complete post.

But not to fret! I actually have a bunch of "straggler" photos that I pulled away from that post. Hopefully by doing so, it won't end up being so long and chaotic.

sometext
At the end of August one of my dear colleagues left. Above was her vacant desk and chair. Not long after (literally the day after) a new person is working there now. What I've learned? From past jobs to current job, there are always people eager to replace you.

sometext
I have also been hitting the gym again. For the month of August I fell off the bandwagon hahaha. But now that it's Fall, I don't mind going to the gym. Now that I'm older, it's so much harder for me to lose weight but so easy to gain weight! I can't eat like I'm in my early 20s anymore..!! I didn't think it would happen to me so early on...

sometext
We only visited Dairy Cream once this Summer. Best soft serve ice cream ever. If I didn't put on weight so easily, I definitely would've visited more. Now I understand why people turn down junk food- even if it's just a little. Now that my body can't burn it off easily, I have to start thinking this way too :(

sometext
But honestly, I can never go on a diet. I just can't. Have you guys ever heard of Britannia Little Heart Biscuits? This is imported from India. The Mister introduced this to me some time back. I munched on this while waiting for him at the dentist.

sometext
After I finished my biscuits, I thought I'd go downstairs and visit the Asian supermarket since the dentist appointment would probably take some time. I remember going grocery shopping here with my mom all the time. It's "ghetto" Asian stores like these where you can find some really hard-to-find items. I snapped the things I bought that day. It may be a bit dirtier than Oceans or T&T, but you can find great deals here.

sometext
I visited the little homeware store across from the supermarket and found this super adorable cup. Normally I'm not attracted to traditional Chinese prints, but there was something about this design that caught my eye. Looking closely, it's no wonder why I liked it, the flowers are peonies which are my favourite! This cup is perfect to drink tea in. It reminds me of the ones they use in Chinese dramas/movies!

We've had quite a few food adventures... can you see where my weight is coming in? XD
sometext
Breakfast at Eggsmart. My usual sunny-side eggs and the time I got the Egg Benedict. It was pretty good.

sometext
Swiss Chalet, our favourite.

We've been visiting Pho Dau Bo quite a bit. It's cheap, quick, and wholesome delicious meals. No complaints here.

sometext
We've also enjoyed a couple late date night dinners at Wild Wings.

sometext
One time at work, me and two colleagues sworn we heard another colleague say that she was buying lunch for everyone the next day. It turned out that she meant the day after tomorrow... so the three of us went to Subway together after starving ourselves silly.

sometext
sometext
sometext
For a couple days, we had a visitor that would come and hang around my house. We assumed that it had an owner since it looked pretty plump. The cat stopped visiting and we did spot it down the street on the balcony of a house. Thankfully it has a home. We had fun petting it at least.

sometext
sometext
My mom, sister and I visited Plant World. I haven't been to this place in years.

sometext
sometext
sometext
You guys.. they had cute little miniature gardening statues!

sometext
We came here because my sister told me about how she found some air plants being sold here. We also visited Sheridan Gardens afterwards and above is a combination of what I picked up from both places. Now I have plants again in my room!

sometext
I also picked up this Snowbush plant from Sheridan Gardens. I can have a miniature bush in my room! How cool is that?

sometext
Waiting for my bae to pick him up after work. I really enjoyed the calm night, cool breeze, and crickets chirping in the tall grass nearby.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: