Thursday, May 29, 2014

6.217 If I Knew Then What I Know Now...

While I was going through my email, for some reason, I decided to jump right to the beginning of my inbox (5 years ago) and came upon a very old email from my ex. I know what you must be thinking, delete it right away and don't even bother reading. Well, I did the opposite. I wanted to see how far I've come and compare what I know now to what I knew then. Contrary to what you must think, the email wasn't what you'd expect from a lover. In fact, it was a letter mindf*ck (excuse my language). I couldn't even finish reading it because it was that bad. It boggles my mind now why I didn't just drop the guy right then and there. It was a prime example of and what happens when you're with the wrong person; too many wrong things will happen. But when you're with the right person, everything just falls into place. I've been with the Mister for over a year now and he's never once put problems in our way or made me feel like I didn't matter. No one should make you feel like you don't have a voice or a right to express how you feel. You should feel good in a relationship, not bad. I can't even fathom my past relationship let alone think about being in that kind of relationship again. I'm much more happier now and so thankful to be where I am now. I am lucky to be with the Mister and on countless occasions have been told that it's hard to find a man like him around anymore. He always puts me first and makes me feel super special. I truly feel blessed.

So if you ever find yourself in a relationship that doesn't feel quite right, then for the love of yourself, don't settle. Being single isn't that bad. Eventually one day you'll find someone who fulfills you and makes you feel like you're the only one. When you're with the right person everything really does fall into place- and I'm not just saying that. Everything will just feel... right. You'll just know. Trust me.

Buzzfeed Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Dn7C2aa1c
"You'll fall in love quickly with the first person that shows you intimacy."
"If you think someone is cheating, they probably are."
"It's okay to feel heart-broken."
"You'll make mistakes."
"You don't need a million reasons to end something. You'll waste a lot of time searching for those reasons."
"Take care of yourself first."

sometext
On another note, here is my vegetable garden this year! Okay, it might be hard to make it out because I haven't weeded that much though. This year I'm also growing kale as you can see on the far right. My sister bought those at the market.

sometext
I bought some containers from Dollarama to grow some cherry tomatoes, chili, jalapenos, and Thai basil (which isn't pictured here).

sometext
My beloved lilac that I post pictures of every Spring (I'm pretty sure it's a Syringa vulgaris "Krasavitsa Moskvy" variety). This year is the most blooms I've every seen it have (every branch has a bloom!). If I ever moved, this would be the one plant that I would really miss most. It's my "baby" and I've become really attached to it.

sometext
sometext
I took a couple blooms inside to enjoy.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." -Barry LePatner

1 comment:

mizzsandychau said...

reading this post reminds me of my ex, and all that heartache, i wonder why too i didn't leave him faster. I'm proud of you being able to move on! girls have to be strong! i'm glad you are happy with who you're with right now, you are right when you say it just falls into place.

your garden is looking good! i really like that vase




mizzsandychau.blogspot.com