Tuesday, April 29, 2014

6.210 The Comforts of a Hotel Bed

For the last few months I have been investing in my bedding. The final purchase was the actual duvet itself and I've been thoroughly enjoying sleeping in it for the last couple of weeks. My bed is an integral part of my day and night, it's where I wake up in the morning and sleep at night. That's why I was willing to wait until I found the right pieces to make my perfect dream bed.

sometext
sometext
The first bedding item was this cheapie sheet set I found at Canadian Tire on sale for only about $20-25. Not only was it cheap, it had the damask stripe pattern that I want for the theme of my bed.

sometext
Then some time after I found my dream (yes, this one is absolute perfection) duvet cover by Wamsutta. It's white, feels super silky soft, has the damask stripe pattern, and it's a full/queen size so I could totally use this for my future queen bed in my future home haha. This one was a bit pricey at $110 at Bed Bath and Beyond but I had a 20% off coupon which helped. Love!

sometext
Last (for now) but not least, I finally bought my duvet. Starting off my mornings in the comforts of a fluffy and warm yet lightweight duvet is something I've always wanted to take home from a hotel experience. No more heavy-as-heck blanket! I got the duvet for 50% off from Sears.ca- still $225 after taxes though.

I admit, it was a bit of a gamble buying a duvet online from a company who has closed most of their stores. Although my duvet turned out fine, I wouldn't recommend buying from Sears.ca because 1) I learned that my duvet was backordered when I got my confirmation email even though it was in stock when I bought it- and they never even updated the webpage to reflect that it was backordered; 2) The tracking number was completely useless because I couldn't even check it the entire time I was waiting for it (2 weeks); 3) It says easy returns on the webpage but when I click on it the webpage isn't found; 4) I never even got some sort of physical receipt with my duvet; and 5) It's hard to decipher if the duvet I got is the same one I ordered online (there's no code I can check and compare). So I'm sure you probably can tell why the company kind of went under... let's just say I'm never ordering from them again.

sometext
Okay so it's not exactly all of what my dream bed would be or look like (my mattress would be supreme quality and my duvet would be ultra luxurious- from the Hotel Collection range of course) but we know all of that it would only cost me more money- something I'd rather invest when I get my own home. What I have now is good enough for me. Now the next step is getting new pillows because my current ones are dying on me. And I don't think I'm done with my bed just yet, I feel like it's still missing some pizazz (also still need to get my hands on a Hudson Bay point blanket).

sometext
Oh and the diffuser I had on my bedside table has run out (left- Mariposa Lily, an amazing scent) and now I have replaced it (right- Water Lily & Aloe, also smells nice). They're both from Target. And because the black cap does not go with my colour scheme, I simply just reused the silver cap from the old diffuser. It looks more clean, crisp, and better in my opinion.

If you follow me on Instagram I posted a "guilty" online purchase I made from Sephora (I made an order on the last day of their VIB 15% sale), will share in the next post. I'll just let you know now, it's all YSL haha.

Life Lessons: You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping. That's a significant chunk of your life not to consider investing in a good bed. You don't have to have all the "fluffy" stuff if that's not your thing. The integral part is the mattress. To sleep on a good and comfy mattress is something I highly believe in. Not only will it do your back some good, you'll be able to sleep better, and in turn wake up to brighter mornings.

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." - Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

IchigoBunnie said...

i loveee white hotel bed duvets and sheets! They look so clean, crisp, and dreamy. I have a down feather white blanket myself at my Texas home. I only use it during the winter as the summer gets too hot here.