Monday, March 24, 2014

6.204 Let's Reconnect

I've had a revelation. And it all started with Claire Marshall aka heyclaire. I began watching her videos after Lisa recommended her and since then I've been totally hooked. She just seems so cool and badass. I find her very inspirational and I really admire her sense of style. She's inspired me to reconnect with a part of myself that I've lost connection with for years; the part of me that was more tough and didn't care about what people thought of me. Since watching Claire's videos and stumbling across this article (which by the way was enlightening) I feel like I've been woken up from a deep slumber ready to get myself back.

So, on this journey, I figured it be easiest to tackle my blog first. We all have a public and private face, and we always strive to put our best face forward. My blog was no exception when it came to that. Of course there will be exceptions since this is the internet, but there are many other things that I shouldn't be hesitant to blog about. I often find myself holding my thoughts back because I'm afraid of what people might think of me. But really, I shouldn't care. Everyone has their own opinion and I do too.

And when it comes to purchases, I admit, I do sometimes feel uncomfortable sharing things because let's face it, I buy a lot of stuff. To be fair though, I've gotten a lot better at not buying so much "crap", but still, I buy a lot of things because I like spoiling myself with wonderful things. And yes, I realize that they are just "things". I value experience more but I don't think it hurts to get the things I desire along the way too. So from this point on whenever I have doubts about sharing, I will remind myself that it doesn't matter because there will always be someone judging anyway. We're all being judged by people, and it could even be happening right now. So why bother care.

Oh, you might have noticed I added a few new widgets on the sidebar. I'm trying to be good, I've reconnected with my twitter, instagram, and tumblr accounts again. I'm hoping I will keep up with it, but as you know I'm horrible at best when it comes to keeping up with social media stuff (with the exception of my blog).

p.s. my memory card has now failed at me, I've lost the little "lock" switch on it and now it refuses my request to take pictures. I can still retrieve data from it but that's pretty much it. Don't know when I will be able to buy another memory card but I think I'll just borrow my brother's for now.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

No comments: