Sunday, March 2, 2014

6.199 "Cheers to the Freakin' Weekend"

Oh gosh, I haven't had any time to blog because of work. These past few weeks we've been working a lot more hours than usual and it seems as though it won't be letting up any time soon. All I do is work and sleep- with only a couple of hours of free time each day. Everyone in the workplace is exhausted but we have to fulfill those work orders before we can go home. I'm hoping for a big paycheque next week otherwise all of this would be for nothing. Also, I don't think I've mentioned it yet but I no longer have Fridays off, I have the weekend off instead! Yippee! It started back in early February and I've been thoroughly enjoying the back-to-back break since then. On Saturdays I can stay out as long as I want and not have to worry about a 6am start work schedule the next day- what a relief. No more crazy tired early mornings for me.

sometext
sometext
This is essentially what I do now, I put labels on containers (no more paperwork!). I currently work in a separate cooler from the rest of my coworkers. It's less cold here, it's dry, and less noisy. I have all the room I need to do my job which is fantastic given how I used to have to scramble to find an area to work in. And yes, I snuck a couple of pictures... shhhh...

sometext
Labelling all day errday. I'm always surrounded with boxes.

sometext
sometext
I never blogged about the other two work boots I previously had (both wore out) but these are my newest pair. I read a review that said these boots lasted them 10 years working on a farm so I'm hoping I won't ever have to buy another pair again. These were pricey at $100 but I figured I could also use it when I'm gardening in the backyard and shovelling snow. It's anti-slip and the rubber of the boot is much more flexible; I could already tell that it will last a lot longer than my previous two.

sometext
Last weekend my mom bought some dim sum take-out from a new place that just recently opened. It was pretty darn good. I think this was the first time I've ever eaten dim sum take-out as we normally dine-in. I have missed eating it so much... I told myself that one day I should introduce dim sum to the Mister because I'm sure he would love it too.

Also last weekend I went out with my cousin to Square One to do some shopping. I ended up buying quite a few things that it got quite heavy carrying all the stuff back home. It was that day I realized how thankful I am when I have the Mister by my side because he always carries my stuff when I'm with him. I know it sounds a bit "bratty"and selfish but I think you guys know me enough and get what I mean when I say this.

While I was waiting for my cousin to arrive I shopped around in H&M- which is something I haven't done in a while. I'm totally looking forward to Spring so all I do is get excited when I go shopping for clothing for warmer weather.
sometext
Funny enough I originally picked up this white top as a "tester" to see how it would look underneath a cropped sweater I was interested in. The only reason I picked it up was because it looked similar enough to the other tops I owned, otherwise I didn't care much for it. In the end, the cropped sweater didn't work out but surprisingly I fell in love with the cut and style of the white blouse (totally figure flattering!). Although it's similar to what I already own, it's different as well because of the buttons. I basically live in these tops for Spring and Summer so I don't mind owning a lot of them.

sometext
This was a great find. Not only is it a blouse top that I love, it's a beautiful colour, and it was on sale! I had to size down since this particular blouse runs a bit big. I've been meaning to inject more colour in my wardrobe but it's harder to find colourful tops that I like versus the typical black and white tops that are mass produced everywhere.

After a full day of shopping (I bought a few other knick knacks that's not interesting enough to show), my cousin and I went to Whole Foods, which is by the way an awesome grocery store, and got some food to eat.
sometext
This was what we got combined.

sometext
And this was what I had. It was the first time I tried their hot food that they had there and omg... their Butternut Squash Soup is so good. I had it with some bread that my cousin shared and also a bit of bree cheese that she shared with me. The drink I got was good too, an interesting mix of coconut water infused with pineapple. Overall, a very successful meal. I'm definitely going to come back here with the Mister for some more soup because omgosh... it was so delicious. If you haven't tried it, you need to try it!

"The only limitations you will ever have are the ones you put on yourself." - Kristinna Habashy

No comments: