Friday, February 14, 2014

6.197 Extro Meet Intro

I had an interesting conversation with a coworker about why I don't like to socialize much. It's because I'm an introvert:



But there's more... at least for me. 1. Most of the time I'm rather lazy and would rather lounge around at home; 2. I don't like the thought of having to entertain people and wondering if I'm boring them with my company; 3. I don't particularly like to get better acquainted because sometimes I learn things about people that I don't like (sometimes it's better to not know); 4. I hate having to hear people ask me why I'm so quiet (conversation killer anyone?); 5. If people don't know my character than they might get offended by my humour when I get more comfortable and joke around; 6. A lot of activities people like doing (ie. clubbing) aren't my thing; 7. If refuse or decline to join in on an activity then I'm labelled as the party pooper; 8. I prefer being with people who understand me; 9. If I hang out with people 9/10 they will ask me what I'm doing with my life and proceed to tell me what they think I should do- no thanks; and finally and mostly for me, 10. The hardest part of doing something worth doing is getting started.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy 5 years of blogging for me =)

p.s. My internet is down until a tech guy can come and fix it. Meanwhile I'm bumming off my sister's hotspot wifi.

"For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion." -Unknown

2 comments:

Leenda said...

I feel the same way for a majority of the points. I used to get asked a lot when I was younger why I am so quiet and I hated that. That makes me not want to talk to that person haha

helen said...

I'm currently reading Quiet by Susan Cain. I became interested in the topic of introversion after watching her TED Talk. I'm only a couple pages in but I'm glad that she made me recognize that there's absolutely nothing wrong with being an introvert, which is the opposite of i've been told all my life. I highly recommend it :)