Wednesday, November 13, 2013

5.176 Awkward and Creepy

When I was at work yesterday, I started to think about the general idea of how the world would be a happier place if everyone was more friendly and nice. Then it dawned on me how difficult this can be as a female. If you're a female, you have to be careful with who you pass a friendly smile to and who to be friendly with. In my own personal experience, I found that most guys will mistakenly take friendly gestures as something more. That's why I've learned that I need to test the waters, get to know the character of a person, before I know whether or not it's safe to be myself and joke around with them (taking into account the level friendliness and joking as well). Otherwise, I end up with guys who think I'm interested or think it's an open invitation to pursue me.

It's so unfair to have to feel this way just because I am female. I guess that just means I need to learn how to have a strong sense of presence so people get the message that I am not one to be messed with.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -Buddha