Saturday, November 2, 2013

5.171 Room For Some More?

I thought that I would be able to share progress pictures of my room while I was working on it... but it was harder to do that than I anticipated. I had to move things around a lot before I found the "perfect" spot for it. My room isn't that big so I had to keep rearranging things around until everything worked cohesively together. I had to be brutally realistic as well and throw away a lot of ideas out of the door since my room isn't big enough to hold all the furniture I wanted. Right now, I still have a few tweaks here and there that I want to make before I do a full reveal. My room isn't my dream room (my master bedroom in my future home will be) but it's far better than the bunk bed (yes, I was sleeping on a bunk bed in my 20's) I was sharing with my sister.

I won't leave you completely hanging though. Today I will show you bits and pieces of furniture and other knick knacks I got for my room so far. I will share more detailed thoughts (as you know, I love to write) on each piece at a later time.

This is what my room looked like when I started to move in. Left is my room, right is my closet.

The first piece of furniture I got is the Nyvoll Bed Frame (full size) in the light grey colour from Ikea. I built it by myself and it nearly took me forever because of how many screws there were! It was worth it though.

sometext
The second purchase for my room were my window treatments by Thermalogic from Home Depot. I had a bit of a hard time with this because I'm more familiar with traditional versus modern drapery. The modern drapery kind of look like shower curtains to me... but I got over it since they make it easier to pull open and close.

A second visit to Ikea found me my night stand. It's called the Hemnes Nightstand in grey-brown to closely match my bed frame.

sometext
Sneak peek(!) at some of the things I have on it.

Then it all went downhill from there...
sometext
sometext
Total chaos. I basically had to move everything out of my old room into my new room because my sister was prepping her room for paint and new floors. At this point I only had one under bed storage container and needed two more to store a lot of things away.

sometext
Finally, some much needed space and storage! The right storage container I got a long time ago at Zellers I believe. The two on the left by Sterilite I got at Walmart.

sometext
And another trip to Ikea got me these two things. My vanity and wall canvas! Most of my furniture are from Ikea because let's face it, I don't have a lot of money to throw around.

I was in desperate need for this since my makeup and skincare were sitting in two bins waiting for a "home". This is the Hemnes 3 Drawer Chest in white. I was thinking about getting it in the grey-brown to match my bed frame and nightstand, but then I figured it'd be too matchy-matchy. Plus the chest was going in my closet which was all white. Thanks to the Mister for helping me build it ^^

sometext
Then I got this from my mom who found it on the curb unwanted and unneeded. Works perfect for me because I've been needing something like this for my plants!

And again, yet another trip to Ikea I got a few things which included two shelves and a picture frame (the frame I will show another time).
sometext
I was shopping for a shelf for my closet and came upon this one while browsing around in one of the Ikea show rooms. It's called the Stenstorp Wall Shelf (120cm) which is categorized under kitchens on their website. However, the showroom I saw it in was a bedroom. It's absolutely perfect for what I want to use it for. This is a piece that you have to build yourself.

sometext
This is the second shelf I bought called the Ribba Picture Ledge (115cm) in black. I have this right above my bed.

And finally, the Mister and I cracked opened the box containing my wall canvas that has been in my room for more than a week. Final reveal will be done later!

You guys are going to be so sick of hearing about my room it's not even going to be funny haha. You might wait now but you'll sure be sick of it later ;P

"If you can't find something to live for, then you best find something to die for." -2Pac

No comments: