Saturday, June 29, 2013

5.146 Confessions Of A...

"A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed."

"A world where grown-up girls got what they wanted." I remember feeling that way a while back.

I quite enjoyed the movie because I could totally relate. "The point about this scarf is that it will become a part of a definition of you, of your psyche." Although some parts were a bit silly, the moral behind the movie and some of the lines that were said were quite inspiring. "At every point I will ask, do I need this?"

It explores the reasons behind why shopaholics shop. "Because when I shop, the world gets better; the world is better. And then it's not anymore, and I need to do it again." And it's true. If buying things in turn buys me even a little happiness, then I'll take it. Anything to bring to life the painting I have in my head of how I want my life to be. I'm not saying I'm not happy at all, it's just that I'm not happy as a whole, and I'm not afraid to admit that. I know shopping isn't a solution and it's completely unreasonable... but if you knew everything, you might understand.

"I like shopping. Is there anything so wrong with that? I mean, stores are put there to enjoy. The experience is enjoyable, well more than enjoyable, it's beautiful."

"Use things, not people. Love people, not things." -Spencer W. Kimball