Monday, May 27, 2013

5.143 The Cherry Up Top

Has it been a week already? Time sure flies when you don't have much time do anything =\ I haven't been so good in regards to my shopping ban... in fact to be honest I completely forgot that I even put myself on one haha. With that said, I don't feel guilty in the slightest. I've kept up with my student loan bills (heck I even increased the amount I'm paying back monthly), I'm putting some away in savings, and not to mention I've been working like a crazy woman- I got 16hrs in overtime in my last cheque! I deserve to spoil myself rotten right? LOL.

sometext
As for this post, I will be sharing my day(s) at High Park with the Mister when the cherry blossom trees were in bloom.

sometext
This was on a Friday a week before the flowers actually started to bloom. We visited the park hoping that the trees would have flowered since a couple people on the High Park Cherry Blossom forum guessed that they might that weekend. Although there were no flowers, it was a nice relaxing quiet day to spend at the park.

The following weekend, there was a collective agreement on the forum that the trees were going to be in bloom that weekend so we were excited to go back. The trees were so pretty.
sometext
sometext
sometext
This is where we sat down to have a picnic. I brought along all sorts of snacks and food to eat. Although it made my bag super heavy, I was glad we had a picnic.

sometext
Because we went on the Friday, it wasn't too bad in terms of how busy it was. I realized that there are moments during the day when there would a flood of people but then they would dissipate leaving lots of space for picture-taking. I heard Sunday was brutal though; hardly any space at all to take pictures with the trees in full bloom. As we walked further into the park, we realized there were hardly any people at all. They were all congested in the area of the park where the cherry blossom trees were most abundant.

sometext
Relaxing and chatting on a bench. The weather was so nice that day.

sometext
We then headed to the restaurant located in the park and grabbed something to eat. I can't resist fatty foods so I got the poutine while the Mister got an omelette. Hardly what you would call a dinner but I seriously craved for some fries and an omelette is the Mister's favourite.

And now something completely unrelated, my family and I celebrated Mother's Day by taking my mom out to eat at Red Lotus. I blogged about this restaurant before. They cook some good spicy hot foods. Yum.

Also, I apologize for not getting back to reviewing products I've bought and shown you girls. I just haven't had the time but hopefully I will get to them one of these days. I do hope you like hauls though because I have a few coming up since they're much easier and quicker to do. I'll also try to let you know my thoughts on the new things I show so that the post would be at least somewhat helpful.

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." -Positiveatmosphere.com

3 comments:

IchigoBunnie said...

the Cherry blossoms are so pretty! We don't have any of that here in Texas lol

lol and y'all's "dinner" looks so yummy. I don't like poutine too much because of the gravy poured over---im not a gravy person. BUT I'm so in for the cheese over the fries though!
________________

read your comment

i just made a recent post about the seller refusing to accept a return because they insist it's the real product. not sure what to do now .__.

Le Petit Plastique said...

Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

*PersunMall Giveaway On My Blog*

missmicchan said...

The sakura trees are so pretty :):) My sister went as well and she said it was PACKED. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!