Thursday, February 28, 2013

5.130 L'Oreal Arginine Resist X3 Line

I haven't done a beauty review for some time now. I figured a lot of you might be bored with all the haulage I've been doing, but it's literally all that I have been doing... aside from hanging out with this guy I like (I don't know where that's going, so I don't want to say much lol). Anyway, for the last few months I've really been into hair products.

sometext
L'Oreal Arginine Resist X3.

Taken from the site: "Nourishes the root. Hair is stronger. Restructures from root to tip 64% less hair fall after the 1st application. Hair becomes 2X more resistant to breakage. 95% of women saw a difference.

Arginine: A key ingredient essential for your hair.

L’OrĂ©al laboratories have harnessed the power of Arginine, an amino acid that occurs naturally in the fibre and around the hair follicle, to restructure fragile hair that has a tendency to fall out."

Finally, a hair care line that is geared towards fragile hair that tends to fall out. When it launched I was immediately intrigued because my hair at the time was falling out like crazy for some reason. I am no longer currently using this L'Oreal Arginine line because I have since done with it, but I did use it for several months after it launched in stores. I even ended up repurchasing the biggest size available for the shampoo and conditioner after I finished with the 385ml bottles and I also had repurchased both the treatment and the spray once more after I finished with the first bottles I bought.

sometext
The L'Oreal Arginine Resist X3 Shampoo and L'Oreal Arginine Resist X3 Conditioner lathered well and felt nourishing for my hair. I liked it because it didn't make my hair feel heavy overtime like the Re-Nutrition line or Shiseido Tsubaki lines did. After using these, I did notice less hair loss and eventually my hair did return back to a normal healthy hair loss cycle. You can't expect to not lose hair at all as it is healthy and normal to lose some hair daily, but if you start noticing that you're losing more hair than average (like I did) then you should definitely look into trying to prevent that.

sometext
I really loved the L'Oreal Arginine Resist Instantaneous Reinforcing Treatment as it made my hair feel silky and soft. I also really liked it because there's no waiting time required! It says to apply it to your roots to your ends which made me skeptical because normally treatments like this would weigh my hair down if applied to the roots, but it did the complete opposite! My hair is very fine and silky so I always end up having flat hair, but after using this treatment all over my hair it actually ended up giving my roots some lift! It immediately absorbs and gets to work so that you can rinse it out right after. I like instant products like this because it's a time-saver if you're rushed for time, plus who likes waiting in the shower? Out of all the products in this line, this one is my favourite.

sometext
The L'Oreal Arginine Resist X3 Mask With Reinforcing Serum was an okay product for me. So far I'm not really impressed with the hair masks I've tried from L'Oreal. This is the second hair mask I've tried from them, the first being from the Re-Nutrition line which did pretty much nothing for my hair. This one isn't terrible but it didn't feel nourishing enough for a mask. I prefer the treatment over this mask which is why I didn't end up repurchasing it.

sometext
I always use a haircare leave-in spray prior to blowdrying my hair. This L'Oreal Arginine Resist X3 Reinforcing Spray doesn't make my hair feel silky and soft like the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Double Care Detangling spray (which is still, by the way, an amazing leave-in spray), but I think it does help to nourish my hair for less hair fall-out.

Overall, I give the L'Oreal Arginine Resist line two thumbs up. L'Oreal has really upped their game in the beauty industry. Currently, they are my favourite drugstore brand for makeup.

"No person is worth your sanity." -Unknown

5 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

oo ive been looking for a more affordable shampoo for a while now. always buying the asian ones are getting too pricy! i've bought the clear shampoo but havent tried it yet, i think ill try this next

Steph said...

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for sharing this product with us. I'm losing my hair like crazy because that's one of the downsides of having a baby. I'll have to check this product out. Maybe it'll slow down the hair loss.

IchigoBunnie said...

huh interesting! thanks for the review. my hair has been falling out like crazy too and i dont know why but maybe ill keep my eye out for this haircare line :)

Unknown said...

Can you tell me if I use all these 5 products how to use them? Like 1step shampoo 2nd step conditioner 3rd step -? 4th step -? 5th step -? .can you please answer me ( also my English is terrible.try to understand ��)

Natalie said...

@Unknown Hello! Thanks for dropping by! So basically, this is what I do:

On a daily basis (or whenever you shower) use the shampoo to wash your hair then use the conditioner (leave on for 2 minutes). After towel drying your hair, spray on the reinforcing spray before blow-drying.

On a weekly basis, you can replace your conditioner by either using the treatment or the mask after you shampoo (leave on for at least 5 minutes and only use it from the mid section down). If you want to use the treatment more often, you could probably use it twice a week but try keeping the mask to once a week. It's up to you if you want to buy both products (treatment or mask), but you could do with just one once a week.

The treatment is very effective if you feel like your hair needs a boost. For best results for the mask, try using a shower cap after you apply the mask to further enhance its effects.

Hope that helps :)