Saturday, August 25, 2012

4.90 Nail Polish Collection Swatches

One step at a time. That's the slogan I've been trying to convince myself of when it comes to blogging. When I'm away from blogger for more than a week, I find myself completely overwhelmed with the growing list of to-do's. If I had the time and patience to blog everyday, I would in fact do just that. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been quite preoccupied with reading for the past week, staying up until the late wee hours  of the night trying to cram as much reading time as possible before I get too dozy. I'm a little hesitant to share with you what I'm reading, but I might mention it in a later post after given some time to think about it. All I will say for now is that it's very addicting.

I've been meaning to do this post for weeks but never found the time to sit down and do it- until now that is. Because I can't wear nail polish to work, I got the bright idea of getting some nail wheels off ebay so I can do swatches on there if I don't have the time to paint it on my nails to show you guys. 

And of course, because I'm a little bit of a stickler when it comes to consistency and organization, I decided to swatch my whole collection of nail polishes before I get any more in the future (a couple of polishes are missing from the photo above).

This nail strengthener, "Nail Envy" by OPI, is what I use for a base coat. Worn alone, it provides my weak nails some much needed strength. It's my HG nail product and I love it!

China Glaze "Love Letters" - won in a giveaway. Not a fan of it as the colour does not show up at all.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Soul To Soul" - gives a sheer iridescent finish. Nothing spectacular about it though.

Rimmel "414 Insolence" - very shimmery and opaque with shimmer.

Wet 'n' Wild "Sparkling Diamonds" - fine shimmer that not only looks good on it's own but goes over other polishes beautifully. I've been buying this type of shimmer polish from Wet 'n' Wild ever since I was young enough to care for polish. I've gone through numerous bottles since then. So cheap but works great.

 Wet 'n' Wild "Amazing in Amber" - light wash of color, shimmery finish. Not a colour I reach for too often.

Paul & Joe "#28" - won in a giveaway. Love this nail colour. It's a bit streaky but if you learn how to apply, it's pure perfection. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2-3 coats].

Paul & Joe "#10" - won in a giveaway. It's pretty subtle pink. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2 coats].

OPI "You Callin' Me A Lyre?" - okay, you guys already know how much I love this colour right? I love how natural it looks on my nails! [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2-3 coats].

OPI "Princess Rule" - it's a very lovely subtle shimmery sheer pink. One among my favourites. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2-3 coats].

OPI "Teenage Dream" - a favourite among many and used to be a favourite of mine. Not a big of a fan of it anymore as it reminds me of barbie and seems to be more suitable for the younger crowd. Guess I grew out of it *shrugs*. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2-3 coats].

Wet 'n' Wild "Sparked" - as soon I painted this on my nails, I hated it. It might work better if you utilize it in a design/nail art, but just painting it on it's own looks hideous in my opinion.

OPI "Pirouette My Whistle" - love love love love. It has micro glitters and matte larger hexagonal chunks of glitter. It's a heavenly combination with "You Callin' Me A Lyre?".

Sally Hansen "Glass Slipper" - a beautiful clear/silver flakie polish. It layers beautifully over other polishes.

Essie "As Gold As It Gets" - a beautiful gold flakie polish that I love layering over black nail polish. It gives a fierce and "expensive" look. It's among my favourites!

Essie "Shine Of The Times" - another flakie polish but gives off a multi-dimensional colour. Looks best over dark polish.

Essie "Set In Stones" - a gorgeous chunky glitter polish that dazzles alone or over other polishes. Over black polish, it reminds of the starry night.

Essie "A Cut Above" - another gorgeous chunky glitter polish but in a warm pink colour. It also looks gorgeous when you layer on several coats to get it completely opaque with no spaces in between the glitter. I also love brushing a layer of "As Gold As It Gets" over it to get a rose gold colour.

Rimmel "Steel Grey" - received in a package. I haven't had the time to try this on my nails yet but it looks like a lovely grey-taupe colour. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2 coats].

*Forgot to take a picture of the bottle. Revlon "Carbonite" - a beautiful gold subtle grey. It's a very unique colour and applies seamlessly and beautifully. I especially love wearing this on my toes.

OPI Nicole "Follow Me On Glitter" - a favourite of mine. It applies a bit streaky with one coat but another coat fixes that. The only unfortunate thing about this polish is that it chips very easily. Other than that, I love the subtle multi-colour glitter in this gun-metal super packed glitter polish. It's a very unique colour. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2 coats].

Revlon "Facets Of Fuscia" - a beautiful black with purple glitter polish. Several coats need to be applied or black polish needs to be applied first underneath to achieve the look. Due to popularity, it was then added in the permanent line under a different name "Scandalous". Very gothy, love wearing it in the fall near Halloween time. [Left: 1 coat; Middle: 2 coats; Right: 3 coats].

OPI Nicole "No Limits" - another favourite polish of mine. It's such a beautiful rich deep dark navy blue. It's super opaque just with one coat! Add another and it looks almost like black. In certain lighting you can still tell that it's blue and not black. Beautiful shade and very unique as well. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2 coats].

Rimmel "Black Satin" - surprisingly not opaque with one coat. I needed a plain black which is why I got this cheap black polish from Rimmel. Nothing too particular. [Left: 1 coat; Right: 2-3 coats].

Another box of free veggies/fruits! This was actually from 2 weeks ago. I got another one this week but there wasn't as much so I figured it's not worth showing. I actually got a cantaloupe in the box (which is hiding underneath the lettuce head).

Oh, and my first hit pans on pressed powders! I got excited haha.

Wish I had more time to blog! Tomorrow I'm going to CNE so unfortunately I won't have time to post anymore for the weekend. Today I was at work too so I'm dead tired just trying to finish this post I started yesterday. Talk you all again soon.

"Nothing's forever. Forever's a lie. All I have is what's between hello and goodbye." -Unknown

3 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

i love love loveeeee your nail polishes nat! i got one of those nail wheels before, i only got one but then i realized how useful they are but couldn't find them again. I don't know why i never thought to check ebay lol.
you nail polish collection makes me itch to go shopping!!!

helen said...

Steel Grey is my fav colour for the fall! I love the brush too!

Popcorn said...

YAY for the nail polish swatches. I love Paul & Joe polishes because of their scents. :) ohhh congrats on hitting pan! I still havent hit pan on anything :/