Thursday, July 26, 2012

4.83 One's Better Living

Last weekend, my mom, my sister and I visited Vaughn Mills to do some shopping (surprise surprise lol). Although I'm not a fan of the mall layout, I like going there because they have Forever21, H&M, Winners, and One's Better Living store all in one place.

I love browsing One's Better Living store. There's always plenty of interesting things to look at and lots to dream about owning in my own home one day. I did end up picking a couple of items which will be shown later on in this post.

They have two locations, one in Market Village (Markham) and the other is in Vaughn Mills Shopping Centre (Vaughn) which is featured in this post.

Taken from the site: "One's Better Living Inc. has started business operation since November 2002 in Market Village (Markham, Ontario). We are the first Japanese style department store providing unique, valued priced gifts and household products for consumers.

Over 10,000 square feet, our store is amongst one of the largest department store in Canada offering a wide variety of product selections that meet the needs of individuals and families.

Our vision is to bring enrichments into everyone's lifestyle with new innovated trendy design products that create better living for everyone."

I really like simple bowls like this. It's just more classy and elegant to me.

There were also really cute bowls as well. Those would be fun for kids or anyone who loves cute things like that.

One of the things I would like is to own my own tea set one day. Tea is good for the health, so one way or another, I'm going to force myself to drink tea in hopes that I will like it in the end.

One day I'm going to try and put together a bento box for my future (unknown) husband haha.

And of course, my favourite section of almost every store. Almost all of the items were $2.99. I noticed a lot of the smaller items in the store were.

I found this really awesome supplement case ($2.99) which will make it extremely convenient to take my vitamins along with me.

Ever since I started working, I would forget to take my vitamins, which is why there are ridges on my nails indicating a lack of nutrients.

I love this supplement case. It's very high quality, well made, and secure. The top just twists and "locks" into place so I don't have to worry about my vitamins falling out when I pop it in my bag.

The other item that caught my eye were these awesome film tissue boxes. Aren't they just so neat?

They can be used 3 ways. You can use it with an actual tissue box, another with toilet paper, or you can even use it as a toilet paper dispenser in the washroom.

I ended up buying the purple and green colour since it reminds me of Fujifilm.

I'm not sure if a lot of other Asians do this? But my family (and extended) not only use toilet paper for the washroom but also as tissue paper to save money. When I was younger though, my family personally never did this and thought it was strange to see toilet paper on the table whenever we visited our cousin's house. Then one day my mom decided to bust out the toilet paper after she realized how much money we could save if we used that instead. These film paper container dispensers are a great way to conceal toilet paper as I find they are an eyesore to see in a room. I love quirky things so maybe I only think it's cool haha. 

"We must become the change we want to see." -Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

mizzsandychau said...

ohhh i love browsing round at one's. that film toilet paper holder is so awesome! you make me want to go now. ohhh i need a pill case too! i've been forgetting to take my fish oil pills almost everyday. Which vitamins are good for your nails? my mom and i need some really badly.

So what have you got planned for the long weekend hun?