Monday, July 23, 2012

4.82 Family Dinner - Red Lotus + The Best Shop

Randomly my sister decided to take out the family to dinner at Red Lotus.

Red Lotus
1177 Central Pky West Mississauga, ON L5C 4P3

She's eaten here several times with her boyfriend, and if you look up reviews online, you'll find pretty good reviews. Most of their food is spicy so just keep that in mind.

This dish you eat with slices of tofu (seen below).

It was pretty interesting to say the least. All the food was very yummy indeed. I would definitely revisit this place again.

Just next door we spotted this Asian store called The Best Shop that surprisingly none of us has ever seen or heard of before (even though we've visited this area many times).
The Best Shop
1177 Central Pky W Ste 20 Mississauga, ON L5C 3J2

My favourite section was obviously the beauty section..!! You have no idea how excited I got when I found this aisle (okay maybe you do). It's difficult and rare to find Asian items in stores (other than Pmall) so whenever I come across any I get super happy. 

This store sells a lot of awesome items from Asia that I can't find anywhere else near me. I'm definitely visiting this place again because it's an awesome store and because we didn't have enough time to browse since we walked in when it was almost closing time.

I was thrilled when I saw these DIY Facial Mask Sheets. I've been wanting to try these DIY sheet masks for the longest time. It also came with eye masks so I'm excited to do a green tea eye mask with them. As for the sheets themselves, they're definitely not as great quality as non-DIY facial sheet masks that are already presoaked with serum (ie. MBDM sheet masks).

The other item I got, which I was super thrilled about, was this Eyebrow Razor. I've been wanting to get my hands on this ever since xteeener mentioned how great it is to use years ago.

And she's right! I love it!! I'm such a lazy bum when it comes to tweezing my eyebrow haha. I use this in conjunction with my tweezer since it makes shaping my eyebrows a lot easier. I even use it to trim my eyebrows with an eyebrow comb, but I learned it's probably best to stick with eyebrow scissors because it's not as convenient or easy to do.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, is the minute you get less than you settled for." -Maureen Dowd

2 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

ahhhh good o chinese food pictures! yums!

oooo DIY facial masks and eyes masks!!! I MUST GET MY HAND ON THEM!

missmicchan said...

The Best Shop eh! I can't believe I didn't know about this place! It's going to be a must go for sure, thanks for the post :)