Thursday, June 7, 2012

4.64 Katie Fashion - High Low Trend + Mail Call

I don't even think I need to say how I'm totally behind with my blog posts. There are just not enough days in the week... okay, I take that back. I meant that there's just not enough days off in a week. I'm excited for today though because tomorrow (Fridays) I'm off from work, yippee! I haven't had the chance to take pictures of my dress for my convocation because of the awful weather we've been having. At this point, I don't think I'll even have time to show you guys before the event itself. I still have to find a jacket and maybe shoes too... if not, I'll have to settle with my purple flats which doesn't look that good with my dress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I hit the mall with my sister and visited the Katie Fashion store. I've mentioned this store before in this post when I got my fleur-de-lis scarf. I love Katie because it carries some unique clothing at affordable prices. Kind of like a boutique version of Forever21 you might say. They always seem to be stocked with tons of cute little dresses. It's Asian owned which is why it seem so Asian-inspired, but so was Forever21 when they first started.

Taken from the site: "The Katie retail chain started off from humble beginnings as a small retail stand on the sidewalk of Toronto’s China Town by a young entrepreneur, Sunny Zhang and his wife Ivy Zhang. They opened their first Katie store on Spadina Ave. in the year 2000 as a family run women’s apparel store. Soon after a second Katie store was opened in the trendy fashion district of Toronto that is Queen Street West. This store really helped launch the business in the right direction by exposing Katie to all of the fashion forward women of Toronto who shop on Queen Street West.

Ivy and Sunny have a shared passion for fashion and have surrounded themselves with an equally passionate team that shares in their vision of making Katie a nationwide brand that brings not only the latest fashions, but extremely unique styles to the vibrant, fashion forward, fun loving women of today."

This is what I ended up picking up. Colour! (If you didn't know my wardrobe is pretty colourless). There was also a mint version but it didn't look that great on me as this peachy-pink one. What drew my attention to this piece was the colour, the flow of the fabric, and of course, the high low cut. I am in love with the high low trend- I know right, trends? Me? Blame Lisa haha.

The only thing about Katie clothing is that because it's cheap, the quality isn't so great. As you can tell in the photo above, two of the buttons on this top is noticeably different from the rest. I can deal with it but it's always nicer to buy things that are consistent.

Love how flowy it is and the high low cut! Now I have to find me a high low sheer long sleeve blouse.

Mail Call~

I know some of you love these mail posts. Even though I'm away for some of the freebies that get released, I still manage to get some others.

If you want in too, follow me on Twitter! (You can access from the sidebar or downbar).

This site is a new one for me. The package and samples given are similar to the P&G Brandsampler packages. This one was really good. I just have to pick up the free Scrubbing Bubbles in stores. Oh, and I can't wait to try the Jergens Natural glow moisturizer- my legs are pasty white D=

I could have sworn I signed up for the YSL Youth liberator sample but this Touche Eclat sample is better for me. I've always wanted to try it to see what the hype is about!

I guess people complained about not being able to redeem their free milk they had a while ago because it was only redeemable at Sobeys in Toronto. So they sent us free Liberte Greek Yogourt- something my sister loves to eat.

I know this is meant for blondes... but I couldn't help it! I wanted the Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer haha. Now I have two tubes to test out =D

My mom picked this up already. Dr.Oetker keeps on giving out freebies! This is the third freebie I've received from them so far.

I don't normally share coupons I get because I get a ton of them... but I thought I'd share this one just because haha. It's rare to get Snuggle fabric softener coupons too.

Has anyone ever attended one of these? I got this in the mail but unfortunately I can't go anyway.

I can't believe this came with a free bag LOL. It's not something I would ever carry around but it was pretty generous of them. Too bad I don't have a little girl youngling to give it to.

Lastly for this round of mail, P&G brandsampler! It seems they always give out free razors lol. I'm more interested in trying out the Olay Regenerist. I've tried the Pantene shampoo and conditioner before and they're pretty good.

Now off to work!

"Don’t repeat chapters, the story always ends the same." -Unknown

1 comment:

mizzsandychau said...

i love your mail calls haha! sometimes i forget to check your Facebook and i miss a lot of things (i still refuse to sign up for twitter lol)

oo i always wanted to try that hydro razor thing, seems so convenient how you just need water =)