Monday, May 28, 2012

4.60 The Gardens

Sorry my posts are a bit boring these days... I don't have much of a life anymore since I got this job working graveyard shifts =( Everyday I get up super late leaving me with only a few hours to myself before going to work and doing it all over again. It sucks because now that I have some money to do things I would enjoy (ie. eating out and exploring), I can't because I have no time! And also lately I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't found a dress yet to wear to my upcoming graduation on June 12th. I don't know why I didn't think of looking for a dress months prior to this- now I have no time! This Friday (my day off) I'm going to hit the mall to see if I can find something. If I don't end up finding a dress, I'll just have to find a dressy top and wear dress pants =\ I've never worn a dress to any of my graduations for middle school or high school. I'm hoping that my university graduation would be different -___-' Here's to hoping.

These pictures were taken 2 weeks ago so some flowers have already bloomed and most are a lot bigger now. I haven't had the time to take pictures so I'll do another update soon.
This is the garden bed in the front of our house. The iris in the middle already bloomed with tons of purple flowers.

This is in our backyard. This year my lilac didn't bloom with much flowers at all =( Maybe it's not its year or maybe it has too many leaves. I'll have to look up what has affected its ability to flower.

On the other hand, the other lilac plant on the other side bloomed beautifully this year. So many flowers!

We have bald spots in our lawn so I had to repair them. I think I might have to sprinkle some more grass seeds because they're still slightly bald.

This is my vegetable garden! Again, remember this was taken 2 weeks ago so the plants have been coming along very nicely.

These are the raspberry plants that my sister's friend gave us.

The peas.

Tiny tim tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, and garlic chives.

Green onions.

Lettuce.

So that was my garden 2 weeks ago. When I have time I'll take updated pictures. The plants have been growing really well and I grew most of them from seed. Only the raspberry, mint, green onion, and garlic chives I didn't grow from scratch.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably won't lead you anywhere." -Unknown

2 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

looks like your garden is coming along nicely! I remember when i still had a backyard, their were so many weeds and bald spots, it was a headache to take care of. The lavender looks very lovely btw.

Good luck with finding a dress. I remember i just for a plain black dress for my convocation. I was basically wearing the gown the whole time of picture taking anyways. But now i wish i dressed up fancier

missmicchan said...

Thats one nice garden! It must be so nice and fresh to be able to pick veggies from your garden :)

Don't stress too much about what you wear at grad, I only wore a dress shirt and pants too and I don't regret it one bit :) Just appreciate the fact that you're graduating! congratulations!