Tuesday, May 29, 2012

4.61 Weekly Indulgence [May 13-19] Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup Remover Cleanser + Essence Stay With Me Lipgloss "My Favourite Milkshake"

You know what's weird? Now that I've allotted myself to these small little weekly buys, the shopaholic in me all of a sudden decides to go into hibernation. I guess there's no fun in being "forced" to shop. I have one more weekly buy to share, but I'm unsure if I will be able to continue these weekly indulgence posts. I guess we'll see what happens.

The week of the 13th-19th buys are what I came across while browsing in Shoppers.

I kept hearing really great things about the Bioderma makeup remover cleanser but never purchased it because I always assumed it would be similar to my Lancome cleansing water. But then when I stumbled upon the mini bottle at Shoppers for $6.95(?), I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try it without breaking the wallet. There were two version to choose from, sensitive skin and oily/combination- I opted for the sensitive one.

Bioderma Sensibio H20: Cleanses, removes makeup, soothes. Non-rinse. Fragrance free.
Soak a cotton pad. Cleanse/remove makeup from face and eyes. Dry gently.

It lives up to the hype as it removes makeup really well. It's similar to my Lancome Eau Fraiche Doucer (facial cleansing water). The noticeable difference would be that the Lancome has a really pleasant smell while the Bioderma is non-scented, otherwise they both perform about the same. I love using cleansing waters to remove my face makeup because it feels like I'm using "super" water since it feels like water but is capable of removing makeup. Two thumbs up for both!

The other item I got was the Essence Stay With Me lipgloss in "My Favourite Milkshake". It's a milky peachy pink which was the first colour that caught my eye. The wand is pretty interesting as it curves in to better fit your lips. It's also conveniently small so that you can just throw it in your purse without it taking up a lot of space. This lipgloss was only $2.99- a price most drugstore products have ventured from.

One of the greatest feats about this lipgloss is that it's pretty pigmented. It actually manages to change the colour of my pigmented lips (and some lipsticks can't even do that). It's the only lip product I own that makes my lips look really milky peachy-pink. It's not too thick and not too thin- just the perfect consistency. I don't find it sticky and it gives a great gloss shine. The smell is a bit typical of a lipgloss- kind of candy-like but really faint and definitely not annoying. The gloss stays on for a few hours before I have to reapply. I absolutely love it. I'm definitely going to go back and get some other colours. This is the first lipgloss I've really loved, and that's saying something coming from me.

Haha I betcha you didn't expect to see a fish in this post. A family friend gave us this Chinook Salmon(?)- at least that's what I'm guessing it is. It was huge.

"Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have." - Unknown

2 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

That is one ginormous fish! were you the one that had to cut it up?

missmicchan said...

I love the bioderma as well :) and wholy moly salmon! haha :)