Monday, May 14, 2012

4.56 Mascara Shield + Aquafina Hydrating Rollerball Lip Balm + Mail Call

Who else loves a good marathon? Obviously I did this Lord of the Rings marathon before I got my job. Call me a noob if you will, but I didn't realize that being into something like The Lord of the Rings is considered "nerdy" LOL. I bought these special edition dvds separately a long time ago. I also used to have the heroes and villains deck playing cards, LOTR bookmarks with "the ring" attached to them, and even a hobbits journal I bought from Scholastic when I was in middle school haha. I still love LOTR today and I'm super glad I purchased the special edition dvds. You get to see how much work was put into the movies. The Fellowship used to be my favourite, but now it's the Two Towers because I like how the characters have more chemistry and interaction with each other (especially Legolas and Gimli).

I went out this weekend and let me tell you, you have no idea how good it felt to wear normal clothing haha. For work I'm all bundled up because we work in a cool chilly place because of the fruits and veggies. On top of bulky winter clothing, I also wear gloves, a hat, and a hairnet. Needless to say, I look atrocious. Still into my coloured bottoms. Here I'm wearing my Esprit Five Slim pants in blue. I love these pants and I wish the Esprit stores were still here in Canada!! =(

I saw this Mascara Shield on sale for a couple of bucks on ebay and was interested in trying it out since I always see Queenie using an eye shield when she uses mascara to prevent it from getting it on her lids or elsewhere. I also bought one to send in a package to Ichigobunnie. The teeth on the edges are a little bit sharp though... and it definitely gets some getting used to. It doesn't help me much since my lashes are long enough that I don't usually get any mascara on my lids or elsewhere. I'll still use it though, and it helps with the bottom lashes if I ever do decide to coat them that day.

I've always wanted to try the EOS lip balms ever since it hit the youtube and blogger scene. However, the reason why I never did try them was because of the mixed reviews. That and my sister did get to try the melon flavour and let me know that it wasn't moisturizing at all. Then I see this little fellow at Walmart in the little aisles by the cashiers and decided to pick one up to try since I love Aquafina lipbalms.


Aquafina Hydrating Rollerball Lip Balm: Our unique moisture replenishing system, combined with a botanically enriched formula of jojoba and almond oils, delivers maximum hydration and shine. Enjoy the clean, crisp, and refreshing experience of Aquafina Lip Balm.

I thought the lip balm would be similar to their stick ones I love so much but unfortunately it's not. It's waxy and doesn't come onto my lips as well as I'd like. I assume they made this rollerball lip balm more waxy because if they had made this the same formula as their stick ones, it'd melt all over the place and all over your lips. I wouldn't repurchase this because it's not that moisturizing, but I still love the Aquafina lip balms in stick form.

Mail Call~

I know I say this often but... I haven't done this in ages! Sorry I haven't been able to tweet more deals, coupons, and freebies. As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I'm more busy now so I won't be able to do that as often anymore. I'll still try my best to do so though and will continue to tweet whenever I came across something.


I love thinsations. They taste so good and they're only 100 calories a bag! Needless to say, this was devoured in seconds.

Got 2 samples of the Glad Compostable bag for our compostable recycling kitchen bin. Came in handy of course.

I heard this John Frieda foam hair dye is really good. I gave this freebie to my sister since I don't dye my hair.

Another free hair dye! They also included a $4 coupon for he 24hr cosmetics. I gave this hair dye to my mom to try out.

I didn't realize that you can only redeem this in Toronto. 

Haven't redeemed this yet because I have no idea what to do with cottage cheese.

Bogo coupon for some Shirriff Mousse. I read it wrong and thought it was a fpc (free purchase coupon) at first.

Packaged honey that you can conveniently bring along with you. I gave 2 to my grandmother since she loves eating honey on toast.

I'm not a fan of grain cereals in general, but my brother is!

Always love me some laundry samples. I use them when I'm handwashing my clothes.

"Worrying won't keep the bad stuff from happening. It just keeps you from enjoying the good." -Unknown

5 comments:

LittoMokaa said...

Ahh the mascara shield! I always wanted to try it, but I don't feel like placing a order for this single item LOL. I love the Aquafina lip balm too :D

mizzsandychau said...

i love nat's mail call! so fun to look at!
ooo that eyelash contraption looks so interesting. I think i remember beauty QQ using it too.
how was your mother's day? do anything special for your mum?

mizzsandychau said...

hey nat, i bought my mom a coach purse for mother's day. On the same day my cousin's were celebrating their newborn's one month, so mother's day dinner will have to be postponed

Anonymous said...

The aquafina lip balm is waxy like EOS don't You think ? But i loove aquafina lip balm , and i ran out of rollerball lip balm so ill buy another one ❤

Nat said...

@Anonymous Yup, like I had stated in the post, it's too waxy like the EOS for my liking. It's great that it works for you though!