Saturday, March 31, 2012

4.45 More Than Enough

These past few days I've been hooked on watching Baby Faced Beauty- a Korean drama. Truthfully I'm not hooked because it's super amazing or anything... I'm only addicted because it's a kdrama haha. Because I haven't watched one in so long, it made me remember how much I like and miss watching them. Whenever I watch kdramas I always get the urge to clean, take care of my health, indulge in good skincare, eat good food, and live a minimal life. The minimal life comes from either two observations: 1. If the family is poor, I focus on the worth of money and how little they have; 2. If they're rich, I focus on the quality of their things. Merging these two observations, I come up with: buy less and focus on having better quality things- quality over quantity.

I find Baby Faced Beauty a mediocre series. It's not that funny, not really dramatic, and not really romantically cute. There are some adorable scenes but its nothing compared to other kdramas I've seen. The tagline is basically poor vs. rich (which is usually the case for kdramas) set in a fashion designer company. The main character is poor which is something I can totally relate to. My siblings and I were never spoiled as children. Which probably explains why I ran with it the first time I got spoiled by my first boyfriend, ha! When we were little we would use our imagination and improvise with empty baby wipe boxes and other sorts of re-useable supplies to make our play time fun. I lived off of hand-me-downs. And during Christmas, we got our presents from those Christmas charity drives, but of course I was too young at the time to understand what that meant. My family did the best with what we had. We were never short of anything essential and we didn't live incredibly too poor. This is probably the reason why it was a complete surprise for me to learn that we were poor when I was old enough to understand. It's all about balance- managing your finance, having self-control, appreciating the items you own, and of course keeping a lookout for good deals and sales. I grew up with learning to buy things on sales, which is why I have a knack for deals and the reason why I picked up couponing.

I find the best way to overcome the shopaholic in me is to appreciate the things I already own. It's amazing how much my makeup collection has grown since I started back in 2009. Recently I reorganized and changed how I store my makeup, skincare, and hair products. I'll show pictures of everything in another post, but for now I will only focus on how much my makeup collection has grown throughout the years.

2009

2010

2011

2012
Have you sat down with your things and appreciated them? It was hard for me to do so with my old makeup setup. Now I finally have the makeup drawer I've always wanted to have and can stop envying others with this kind of setup haha. Hopefully now I can play around with my makeup more.


Tonight at 8:30 is Earth Hour. Will you be participating?

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

No comments: