Monday, August 1, 2011

3.10 DIY Oatmeal Cleanser

As of late, my skin has been acting up and I think it might be due to the Clean & Clear cleanser I've been using. I have very sensitive skin and my face literally has allergic reactions in small areas from time to time whether it be at school, in the subway, at the mall, at home... you name it. It's really annoying actually. So I decided to do what Bubz did- switch to oatmeal! You can watch her vid here or read her post here. My super sensitive skin needs products that are more natural and using oatmeal is as close to natural as you can get.

I bought organic oatmeal since it's more natural, plus it was 10 cents cheaper than Quaker anyway. I like how this bag can also seal back up too.

I get about this much oatmeal in my hand.

Then I close my palm under and put it under running water.

After being soaked with water, the oatmeal should start to get soft. But at this stage it's still a bit rough to put it directly on your face.

I go on to squeeze my palm tightly and catch the excess liquid that squeezes out into my other hand and use that to wet my face.

I keep running it under water and work at it by squeezing it and gently pouring more water into my palm while trying not to lose or drop any oatmeal. The oatmeal bits should start to disintegrate and get smaller.

Lastly, I mash the oatmeal in my palm to create a paste- at this point the oatmeal is soft and no longer will be harsh to apply to the skin. I rub the oatmeal on my face in circular motions to gently exfoliate and cleanse. Be sure to do this in a sink with a mesh so that it can catch the oatmeal otherwise you might clog your sink!

I've noticed an improvement in my skin and I also haven't had as many skin allergic reactions as much as I used to. It gentlly exfoliates, hydrates, soothes the skin, and helps brighten it too. The best part is that it's affordable! Super great if you're on a budget.

"Do or do not... there is no try." -Yoda

No comments: